Header Install Problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here have a b!tch of a time getting the hose on the rear of the drivers exhaust manifold off? is there a trick to this thing:mad3:? got the pass. side all buttoned up but can't get that darn hose off. its soaking in primus until i get off work tomorrow.

Also, didn't have time to throw the new plugs in before i buttoned up the passenger side... anyone have gibson headers on there truck (or any for that matter) with a trick to get to the back plugs? front two are cake, back one looks like a pain and the second to the rear is almost completely hidden.

don't tell me i have to pull the headers off just to change the plugs?!?!:cuss:

C-Lew

Reaction score
I have JBA shorty haeaders on my 99 and Ya is a pain in the A$$ to get to those back plugs, but you can do it. Just have to jack one side of the truck and crawl under do that side and repeat for the other side. I used a extention for the wratchet and a swiveler for the socket. And a bent wrench, That is how I did it, Lot of work for a couple plugs but possible, (Remember to do when motor is cooled off:D) Good Luck

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot about this thread.

i did manage to finally get that damned hose off that had been on there for 12 years. tons of primus and a propane torch with a crows foot socket. :)

finally got the plugs changed in it as well. boy was that a pain in the ass, more so than i thought it was going to be for the pass side back plugs... would almost be easier to pull the header back off of it..... no need to jack the truck up, turn the wheels all the way to the left and pull off that splash guard behind the top of the shock. theres enough room to sit leaning back on the tire with the lift.

also had a dual in dual out flowmaster 50 series welded in with duals 45'ed out the corners with stainless tips.