Hello everyone, Im new here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some people like the flat or matte look but personally I like a good shine. I think black with a red grill and rims with a little subtle red pin stripe would be wicked as long as it was the right tint of red, not too bright, maybe kind of an anodized red look.

oh yea, I know what you mean...Im kinda in the mid point, I dont know what way I'll lean when it comes to getting painted...its just, 2 out of 3 cars of mine have been black and its horrible to keep clean..specially since I dont have a garage to park my truck in...and even a 1 day old black truck out of a paint shop can look like garbage after some dust on it =/ ..then again, when clean...black looks the best IMO.

also, I found the nose mask (car bra) for the Denali from "perfect fit"...it would match the truck if the truck was a flat black..plus like the ratrods, some of the classics look real nice with the flat black and red pin stipes..

and a lot of people dont like the rims I have on the truck..I donno how good they'd look if I painted them..but if I was to do red and black, it would be how I photoshopped it in the pic...a darker red...like you said, not too bright

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yea, I know what you mean...Im kinda in the mid point, I dont know what way I'll lean when it comes to getting painted...its just, 2 out of 3 cars of mine have been black and its horrible to keep clean..specially since I dont have a garage to park my truck in...and even a 1 day old black truck out of a paint shop can look like garbage after some dust on it =/ ..then again, when clean...black looks the best IMO.

also, I found the nose mask (car bra) for the Denali from "perfect fit"...it would match the truck if the truck was a flat black..plus like the ratrods, some of the classics look real nice with the flat black and red pin stipes..

and a lot of people dont like the rims I have on the truck..I donno how good they'd look if I painted them..but if I was to do red and black, it would be how I photoshopped it in the pic...a darker red...like you said, not too bright

I hear ya on the black, looks incredible when clean but a bizatch to keep that way. I don't know a lot, well okay, nothing about powder coating but a lot of guys here talk about getting this or that powder coated. Can it be done in colors? If so then you wouldn't have to worry about paint chipping off the rims.

Post up some pics when you get 'er done.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I believe you can get them powder coated in colors..just...I donno how hot the rim design is...like I said, a lot of people dont really care for the rims that are currently on it..however, I like them because I have not see ONE other vehicle with them...even if a few people do have them..they arent on every car/truck around town. and they arent too flashy either

anyways, its going to be a while before I get any of that stuff done..Im still here in Iraq till Feb. 2009 then wont get back to Cali where my truck is till August 2009..maybe in 2010, I might do something =/...its just soooooo far away..who knows

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I believe you can get them powder coated in colors..just...I donno how hot the rim design is...like I said, a lot of people dont really care for the rims that are currently on it..however, I like them because I have not see ONE other vehicle with them...even if a few people do have them..they arent on every car/truck around town. and they arent too flashy either

anyways, its going to be a while before I get any of that stuff done..Im still here in Iraq till Feb. 2009 then wont get back to Cali where my truck is till August 2009..maybe in 2010, I might do something =/...its just soooooo far away..who knows

Yeah, I like to plan things out in advance too, I imagine it gives you something to do over there to keep your mind off other things. Hang in there and come back safe.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it...I will
haha, I've been finding stuff from here that would work for my truck lol...

I got HID strobe lights, red and blue for our light bars out here..for police and stuff, took them home with me, installed them in my grill lol...

got the stuff for Air Horns, I've got proximity switches, IR driving lights (would work with my front and rear cameras on my navigation display..night driving with no headlights heheh) ...lots of goodies ;)

plenty of turbos out here too... haha

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it...I will
haha, I've been finding stuff from here that would work for my truck lol...

I got HID strobe lights, red and blue for our light bars out here..for police and stuff, took them home with me, installed them in my grill lol...

got the stuff for Air Horns, I've got proximity switches, IR driving lights (would work with my front and rear cameras on my navigation display..night driving with no headlights heheh) ...lots of goodies ;)

plenty of turbos out here too... haha

In my best Cartman "Sweeeeeeeeeet."

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hah, its just a matter of time before I get pulled over, arrested and my truck gets impounded for "impersonating an officer" (even if that wasnt my intent)...but they look bad ass at night hahaha

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride Blizzard. Loving the dual exhaust. I still have yet to see/hear a Denali in person with dual exhaust. What kind of Flowmaster mufflera are you running? I love mine. Thanks for everything you do for us, it means alot.