Help* Block Heater?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nates-Tahoe

Reaction score
SO i picked up an 03' Z71 Hoe and its starting to get damn cold up in Canada...so I decided to pull the block heater cord out and plug her in tonight....for some reason I cannot find the cord...I read the manual and its stated the the cord is rapped up and close the the PWR steering resivor....I still cannot find it which leads me to suspect I do not have a block heater....can someone point out or better yet show me a picture of where the cord is....I may just be blind....but I dont think so....

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm mine was to the right of the Chevy emblem between the bumper and grill. There is a little cut out area in the plastic above the bumper for it to hide in.

newdriver

Reaction score
mine is above the frame rail below the p/s pump. running from engine to the front. otherwise check if the cord was cut.

scubasteve

Reaction score
well mine may be a little different....i have a 99 z71 ....i actually found my cord by accident i was replacing a brake line and pulled out something on the drivers side cannot remember as it was a few years ago, but a cord fell out and i thought it odd looking an a/c looking cord with a black probe on the end so i looked further and the probe looking thing opened and there was a plug with a cover i did some research and found out it was for the block heater. the plug was rolled in the cord and tied by a black rubber zip tie. it was definetly hidden though. i had owned the truck for 7 or 8 years and done extensive maintnence on it previously (rebuilt top end ect) and never noticed it before. so good luck finding it there............my truck is a canadian model as well and i think they all have it

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe its an option, so you just need to find out if it came on your truck or not. My '04 does not have one, and Im up in Canada, so Im going to install one myself. I was told on '03s and up there is a bolt that you just undo and screw in the block heater (unlike the older models you need to pull a frost plug).