help me find a headunit please :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screamin86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my stock bose cd/tape combo in my 03 yukon went bad so ive been shopping around for a aftermarket replacement. i know i want a double din to fit flush in the dash and looking for around $300 price range. would like it to be mp3 compatable and have usb port but if not ill take suggestions. ive looked at a few but im not much into stereo equipment so im not sure on what to look for really. anyway thanks

cwyatt27

Reaction score
hey i have a 2000 Chevy Tahoe and i need recomendations on a new head unit! currently i have my stock head unit with an amp and a 12" sub hooked up to it. I was thinking about the Clarion FZ409 single DIN head unit?? Is this one any good?? please suggestions. Thanks!

dholli

Reaction score
Man I would go with a avh 4000 dvd double din from pioneer... 253motoring.com has them for I think 322$ shipped! I just went with the alpine ida x100 looks good but its a single din should have went double also!!!

cwyatt27

Reaction score
really? I'll check it out for sure. The only issue is that I've called best buy and fry's and they said in order to install a double DIN they would have to do some dash modification to fit it in. Is that true or are they telling me b.s.? thanks again!

dholli

Reaction score
I think that is BS they always have some special costs needed lol!!! The install kit I bought had a single or double din install just needed some trimming and a few screws!

322$ is a deal wish I would have went that route too!!!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score

cwyatt27

Reaction score
I think that is BS they always have some special costs needed lol!!! The install kit I bought had a single or double din install just needed some trimming and a few screws!

322$ is a deal wish I would have went that route too!!!

HAHA..yah thats what i figured. They seemed like a rip off to begin with. So what your saying is the double din will fit, I just have to trim a little but? do you mean like once i take out the stock deck, i should trim down the edges and it'll fit? I don't know the installation process, can i get directions on that please. Thanks!! this really helps. OOh and i went to that website you recommended 253motoring.com and I couldn't figure out how to look at there products?? I wanted to see that pioneer one you recommended.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA..yah thats what i figured. They seemed like a rip off to begin with. So what your saying is the double din will fit, I just have to trim a little but? do you mean like once i take out the stock deck, i should trim down the edges and it'll fit? I don't know the installation process, can i get directions on that please. Thanks!! this really helps. OOh and i went to that website you recommended 253motoring.com and I couldn't figure out how to look at there products?? I wanted to see that pioneer one you recommended.

i have a double din pioneer in my 06 sierra.. same dash .. and it fits fine.. the trimming it mentions is the kit.. there is a plastic bar in the kit dividing the dins and you have to cut that bar.. but thats the same with EVERY double din in EVERY vehicle if you use a universal kit.

dholli

Reaction score
You just have to email them I meet them online I think through ebay! Be careful with the sellers on there alot of that stuff is refurbished or 2nds...

Shoot them an email

As far as the install all you need is a install kit and your new head unit there is instructions with it on how to install a Double Din it is easy! Take maybe 1-2 hrs max!

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Alpine IDA-X200, added the ipod adapter and xm. Didnt like the toggle wheel and the presets. I went with a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT. If anyones interested I'll sell the Alpine along with the ipod adapter, XM adapter and GM wire harness and the install kit.
If interested PM me