Help on a possible purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJFriar

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm looking at possibly acquiring a '94 Tahoe 4x4 2-door. I've always loved the 2-doors look, but I don't know enough about them to make a smart buy. Anyway, here's the specs:

1994 2-Door 4x4 Tahoe
Dark Blue w/ Silver accents
350 Engine
152k miles

Its very clean overall, no abuse or anything. What would you guys estimate its worth?

What trouble areas are common that I should look at? I don't expect it to be perfect, but it will be my daily driver. Any known issues to check or inquire about?

Thanks in advance for the help, hopefully soon I'll be an owner too. :)

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 4 door with 152,000 miles on my engine (owned since new), and I haven't had any major problems, the only thing I've had trouble with is my transmission is on it's last legs, so I would check the tranny on the one your looking at. Others have reported rust appearing on the bottom of door sills, but I don't have that problem. I guarantee you will love it, and it will last for a long time to come!! Good Luck! :Chevy:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am more familiar with pick-ups of this era, but I believe the 94's and 95's had throttle body injection (pre-vortec) engines. I think it also has the older interior/guage cluster too, but I'm not positive about that. I would shop around a little to find a 96 or newer if it was me. Not sure what the 94 would be worth where you live. Check kbb.com and edmunds.com to get a general idea of what these are selling for in your area.

Like crazyD says, make sure that the transmission is in good condition. Pull the tranny dip stick. Make sure that the fluid color is correct, and that it doesn't smell burnt. Also check the interior trim at the door thresholds (especially the passenger side). It is common for it to be broken, since anyone riding in the back seat will have to step there when getting in. It's a high traffic area when there are often passengers riding back there.

Good luck with what ever you decide to buy. You will like owning a Tahoe, as long as you can afford the gas, lol.

kennyvvvv

Reaction score
I just bought one with 85k for 3000. needs a little work but body is solid and clean.

kennyvvvv

Reaction score
saw it too

yeah i drove that truck. not too bad. if i didnt find the one i bought i would have bought it. it had a rusted rear door and it leaked gas , and the power steering pump was shot i believe. the moter and the tranny seemed good to me. i"d be interested in some parts.