HELP!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my projectors in and im really confused. The "light", if you want to call it that, for the projector looks like a damn dome light!, there is no type of space for a 9006 bulb? what do i do?

Attachments

• Bohall Family Pics 173.jpg
    Bohall Family Pics 173.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Bohall Family Pics 174.jpg
    Bohall Family Pics 174.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Bohall Family Pics 176.jpg
    Bohall Family Pics 176.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Bohall Family Pics 177.jpg
    Bohall Family Pics 177.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The projector portion uses the supplied H4 socket. This replaces the 9006. But you can modify it slightly to get the 9006 bulb socket to fit. I had to do this to get my 9006 HIDs in there.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
modify how? like dremmel out a bit? how did you get your 9006 to stay put? surely that metel clip wont do it?

i really like these lights but im not getting rid of my HIDs for it

Last edited:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

hey JK, did you use the metel clip to hold in your bulb? or did you use something else? also what are the connections used to wire the LEDs and the halo rings? TIA

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know what i would do, exchange your hid kit for the h4 kit. they make those and i put a 3000k h4 kit in my mercedes benz fog lights, i think its wierd that they would use that in a projector, they dont put out alot of light IMO.

sorry i cant help you on the modification, i personally thing that was a very stupid thing on the manufacturs part. my acadia projectors ( i modified mine to have the acadia projectors) use d1s but also use 9006's.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant exchange now, ive had the kit for 3 months already! im not worried about getting the bulb in there, i forgot how small they were, im just concerned about holding the bulb in place once its in!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant exchange now, ive had the kit for 3 months already! im not worried about getting the bulb in there, i forgot how small they were, im just concerned about holding the bulb in place once its in!

zip ties and electrical tape, but that wont be perment, i would ship those projectors back and look for a 9006 kit. HERE these use the factory bulbs.

http://procarparts.stores.yahoo.net/chta20chhobl.html

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks RT, but none of this stuff is returnable so...... i just gotta figure it out, i know it can be done! stunna just did his with this exact set up:thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks RT, but none of this stuff is returnable so...... i just gotta figure it out, i know it can be done! stunna just did his with this exact set up:thumbsup:

ok cant help you on the 9006 modification. but lets start getting your halos done ok??

ok here is what i did. i was having heart attacks at first thinking of cutting wires in my precious kon. but its SUPER easy.

ok

take out your lights.. both headlights and parking.

take out all the lights and remove the housings for both head and parking. this is just to make your life easier, were going to splice in to the the BIG orange bulb for the halos so that when ever your parking lights turn on your halos will too.

on my parking lights i had purple, black, and blue.

only wire in the the purple and black, if you wire in to the blue they will blink when you use the turn signal.

you can wire in to them two ways...

1. cut completly and butt crimp, easiest and what i ended up doing, no trouble what so ever and dealer even said it was a nice job.

2. strip some insolation and solder and heat shrink them on, if your good at soldering then do that, but i ended up with more burns and metal on my hands. :smilielol:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hoebag, it's been a long time since I did it, but I think I remember using the same screw that comes in it. I just modified the ears on the bulb base and a little on the opening for the bulb.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
purple=pos black=neg right? i dont know what these butt crimps look like, is it some sort of T shaped? how will the running lights still work if i cut the wire:confused:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my halos had red wires for all of them, not sure what is what, except that they both work fine. what you do is put the end with the power in one and the wires that need power in the other, then crimp them shut.:cool: