Help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, put on the AEM Brtue force CAI on my Yukon, checked and double checked everything....the truck only idles about 300rpm and wants to die at stoplights...no check engine light, etc...what could be the problem?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you make sure the maf sensor is connected properly? I put nitrous on my buddys stealth and it ran like crap and wouldn't rev, cel was on and we couldn't figure it out until I noticed the plus wasn't in all the way.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, pulled the whole system apart, have reset the computer like 6 times, everything jives...just idles improperly.
Will put stock back on tonight, if it runs correctly, stock it is.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF? Something ain't right. Did you try starting it with the filter removed?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm you might have bumped a vacuum line loose, or the rough idle is common when the intake gaskets go out on these trucks. Seems funny it would pop up now of all times but stranger things have happened to me.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, will put stock back on, if it clears up, then I will know, me and another engine builder buddy here looked at it for 45 minutes, couldn't find anything wrong...???
will advise tomorrow :)