Heres a ? for you guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just last night I realized that my two back doors were not unlocking (either key fob or from inside). I can manually unlock them and they lock with the fob and from inside but won't unlock either way. Any Ideas what it might be? I am not sure what would cause both to not unlock.

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup both are unlocked. Although I don't believe that they would hinder the unlocking function of the door. They are just there to disable opening the door from the inside correct? I could be wrong though.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup both are unlocked. Although I don't believe that they would hinder the unlocking function of the door. They are just there to disable opening the door from the inside correct? I could be wrong though.

I just went out and engaged mine. It will unlock with the fob and you can open the door from the outside. The inside looks like it unlocked, the red shows, but when you pull the handle it won't open, I actually had to crawl out the other door. So when engaged they lock and unlock with the fob or manually but can only be opened from the outside.

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. My problem is that they won't unlock with the fob or from the inside button. They will lock with both but no unlocking. If I want to get into the back seats I have to reach from the front seats into the back and manually unlock them. I'm not good with electrical stuff or electronics so I have no clue where to begin looking for the problem.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you hear the mechanism clicking on the back doors when you unlock? It could be more of a mechanical problem than an electrical problem.

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, no clicking at all. The thing that I don't understand is why both of them would quit working at the exact same time. Also why do they both lock, but not unlock.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at first it sounded like a fuse issue but if it does lock but wont unlock it may be possible that you can program which doors to unlock when you press unlock. not sure if I read it on the manual for these trucks or somewhere else but that may be the issue if thats a possibility

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at first it sounded like a fuse issue but if it does lock but wont unlock it may be possible that you can program which doors to unlock when you press unlock. not sure if I read it on the manual for these trucks or somewhere else but that may be the issue if thats a possibility

I will check that out today. Thanks