Hid flash modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The common thought process is that you cant flash with aftermarket HID kits so i have seen in my research. I believe that with HID lows that you really dont need to flash because of the brightness but I understand reasons to want to keep the feature...

Now if someone can educate me on this: is there a way to power HID lows and highs, so that if ever changing from low beams to highs while driving you dont have that few seconds of " no light"?? Obviously this can be very dangerous, so im sure someone has thought of a way to work around this.

Also, has there been a way to work around the no flash issue- such as an additional module or relay or something??

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much pole....
Now can you tell me how this works, im not installing my HIDs but i just want to know what this will do. I read the site, but im kinda confused.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i called the ddm tuning to ask the question also and they gave me a bit of advice i need to check about our trucks to possibly give me the answer or lead me in the direction im trying to get. If the escalades can have hids and flash, then why cant we with aftermarket kits?

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that... and i was researching that. I just need to do more research, because unless you have constant power with a HID kit on high beams, you cant flash. In my opinion, it doesnt look " seamless " having halogen highs and HID lows if your going to have them all running at the same time. But also, if i did the 4MOD with HID Low and highs- im sure its illegally bright. lol

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what I gather, is the switching back and forth is what can ruin the ballast. The Switch Smart keeps a constant power supply, sorta, to help the on feature and switching power on/off instantly problem.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bi-xenon HIDS on The esclades and such are still using the same HID bulb. Just moving a sylinoid inside the projector exposing all the light. When you go to highbeam on an escalade that beatiful cutoff is then lost and all the light is exposed. Since the HID bulb is already ignighted, there is not a second bulb to warm up.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bi-xenon HIDS on The esclades and such are still using the same HID bulb. Just moving a sylinoid inside the projector exposing all the light. When you go to highbeam on an escalade that beatiful cutoff is then lost and all the light is exposed. Since the HID bulb is already ignighted, there is not a second bulb to warm up.

Escalades use a halogen bulb for the high beam they aren't bi-xenon.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalades use a halogen bulb for the high beam they aren't bi-xenon.

no. The NNBS esclade (gmt 900, 07+) use a bi xenon projector.

The light is stacked this way. Projector (low high) Then on top of the projector is the DRL, then on top of the DRl is a light thats on with the projector, not sure why car companys do this , but MB - BMW, Volvo etc all do it. So cadillac did it with the escalade.

when the escalade got HIDS in 05 they were Reflector HID low and Halagon high.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. The NNBS esclade (gmt 900, 07+) use a bi xenon projector.

The light is stacked this way. Projector (low high) Then on top of the projector is the DRL, then on top of the DRl is a light thats on with the projector, not sure why car companys do this , but MB - BMW, Volvo etc all do it. So cadillac did it with the escalade.

when the escalade got HIDS in 05 they were Reflector HID low and Halagon high.

I knew thats how the 05 was i thought the 07+ was the same did know that.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i guess im asking for the impossible....
Thanks everyone for your input, im just dreaming too big... or too slow to understand how it can be done- tho i believe it has to be a a way. lol