Hid Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrish04

Reaction score
:cool:Well after spending hours on here doing my research from other members, i finally after hearing several good reports about the VVME hid kits. I took the leap and ordered the low beam kit (9006 6000K plug and play kit) for $66.00 shipped cant wait to get them and get them installed!! When they are installed I will have pics up of the outcome

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before and after's!

im going crazy trying to figure out which road to go down with headlights.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered from vvme.com too, same thing low beams 6000k. My brother bought 6000k ones for his wrx from an ebay seller in taiwan and they're great.

I ordered from vvme, something about ordering from an actual website instead of ebay and having them shipped from inside the US makes me feel a little better than from taiwan and having to deal with ebay if something goes wrong.

chrish04

Reaction score
I just ordered from vvme.com too, same thing low beams 6000k. My brother bought 6000k ones for his wrx from an ebay seller in taiwan and they're great.

I ordered from vvme, something about ordering from an actual website instead of ebay and having them shipped from inside the US makes me feel a little better than from taiwan and having to deal with ebay if something goes wrong.

Do you have them installed yet? If so do you have any pics that I can see? I am really excited to see how they are going to turn out, just hope that they look good and not like some of those civics you see running around everywhere with those blue lights that look like crap. I hope that they look very good. I was the same way you was with ordering them off there site so they would be shipped from the US,but I went to DHL that's who they used to ship them and they said that they are in China I was like WTF:confused:

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another company in the states. I actually went to the store and picked them up.

Nothing special. A small warehouse and 5 or so guys upfront taking phone orders.

At least if I have a problem I know where to go.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Their HID kit is pretty nice. Lifetime Warranty. Even came with a harness for the battery.

yhst-15912447027353_2034_18553619

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another company in the states. I actually went to the store and picked them up.

Nothing special. A small warehouse and 5 or so guys upfront taking phone orders.

At least if I have a problem I know where to go.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Their HID kit is pretty nice. Lifetime Warranty. Even came with a harness for the battery.

I highly reccommend DDM tuning also. But just an FYI. the harness is only included on bi-xenon kits, on standard kits the harness is seperate.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have them installed yet? If so do you have any pics that I can see? I am really excited to see how they are going to turn out, just hope that they look good and not like some of those civics you see running around everywhere with those blue lights that look like crap. I hope that they look very good. I was the same way you was with ordering them off there site so they would be shipped from the US,but I went to DHL that's who they used to ship them and they said that they are in China I was like WTF:confused:

Don't have them yet, just ordered a few hours ago. wish I had them, they already took my money!

My brother ordered a $70 6000k kit from ebay and they look real good. I was real surpised. I actually had looked at hid convert for my old car 3-4 years ago and the kits were $500 so I didn't believe him when he told me he got a kit for $70.

On his car it looks just like any car with factory non-projector HIDs (prius and lincoln navigator are the only ones that come to mind for me)

He got 6000k just like you and me. Not too blue, just kinda factory hid look with maybe a tiny bit more blue. I saw a civic last night at the gas station with hids that looked pretty good too. There's a gmt 400 silverado in my neighborhood with hids on the factory lenses like I have and they probably don't throw light as good as my brothers newish car with completely clear lenses or the civic I saw last night but it does look like quite an upgrade.

chrish04

Reaction score
Don't have them yet, just ordered a few hours ago. wish I had them, they already took my money!

My brother ordered a $70 6000k kit from ebay and they look real good. I was real surpised. I actually had looked at hid convert for my old car 3-4 years ago and the kits were $500 so I didn't believe him when he told me he got a kit for $70.

On his car it looks just like any car with factory non-projector HIDs (prius and lincoln navigator are the only ones that come to mind for me)

He got 6000k just like you and me. Not too blue, just kinda factory hid look with maybe a tiny bit more blue. I saw a civic last night at the gas station with hids that looked pretty good too. There's a gmt 400 silverado in my neighborhood with hids on the factory lenses like I have and they probably don't throw light as good as my brothers newish car with completely clear lenses or the civic I saw last night but it does look like quite an upgrade.

Alright sounds good, I will post before and after pics of mine when I get them if it does not take months since they fooled me with a US address on there website and then they ship them from freaking China. Damn Them don't they know we want our stuff we buy NOW lol

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright sounds good, I will post before and after pics of mine when I get them if it does not take months since they fooled me with a US address on there website and then they ship them from freaking China. Damn Them don't they know we want our stuff we buy NOW lol

Well that sucks.

I was getting ready to order from DDM. Then I realized they were only a few miles from me. :lol:

chrish04

Reaction score
Well that sucks.

I was getting ready to order from DDM. Then I realized they were only a few miles from me. :lol:

I wish they add a store close to me, but here in Arkansas they probley don't even know what HID's are, all they know here is glasspacks and lets see how many stickers I can put on my truck.

I was going to order them off there site, but they said they were behind on shipping

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are perfect. Will definatly buy from them again. But if I want a 55W kit I will order from DDM.

I have had them for 4 months, my old jeep used 9006xs and they fit just right. But I sold that for the silverado and now have them on the silverado and they are fantastic. But Im gunna sell them, 40 bucks shipped. As my new headlights dont use 9006 bulbs.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since they fooled me with a US address on there website and then they ship them from freaking China.

Damn, I guess I got fooled too, I just now saw you said china in you other post. I should've known something was up when I saw dhl, I didn't think dhl made US-->US deliveries anymore.

Oh well another poster back on page 1 said it took only 4 days for his from vvme, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've always had stuff from china take 2-4 weeks but that was always airmail and not dhl.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The company is US. But the supplier is from china. Thats where they get ya. They got me too. But yea 4 days to my door. I was absolutly amazed.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish they add a store close to me, but here in Arkansas they probley don't even know what HID's are, all they know here is glasspacks and lets see how many stickers I can put on my truck.

I was going to order them off there site, but they said they were behind on shipping

There are stores like that all over. But then there are ricers everywhere. :)

When I got to the store they told me the same thing. But since I came in, they sold me one.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone who's done this already can you give me some ideas for mounting the ballasts? I don't see anything real good, a friend suggested just stick them on the fanshroud, I suppose that would work but just doesn't seem right

I've never had the grill off before, maybe theres a good spot in there?

The kit my brother got the ballasts are the size of small paperback books, from the pictures on vvme theirs are maybe a little smaller.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly reccommend DDM tuning also. But just an FYI. the harness is only included on bi-xenon kits, on standard kits the harness is seperate.

So is the DDM 55w Slim Ballast kit bi-xenon and equipped with everything needed for installation?