Hid Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrish04

Reaction score
Alright I reported them, and ill be damn if they dont give me my money back ill drive up there myself and get my money. That is no way to do business every company i delt with would always refund your money if you was not happy with the product.

Chris

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got mine installed now and first of all wow, its a huge difference over halogen.

I've been having a little problem though and I don't know whether its because of vvme quality control, chrish04 got a bad set or if I mounted the ballast bad.

one of them doesn't always come on, you have to turn them off then back on and it might come on. it seems to be having the problem only after the truck has sit in the driveway for 10 or so minutes after being driven and engine heat is finding its way to heat up everything else.

I mounted them to the top of the upper fan shroud close to where the big power cable from the battery crosses over. I later saw in the instructions that I should have "consulted a professional installation technician" and not to attempt install myself and it also said the ballasts have an overheat cut off at "105 degrees" (no c or f) and to mount them somewhere cool. Maybe I should find a cooler spot, (maybe I should've read the instructions) I was kinda rushed, had to be somewhere, and thought about finding somewhere better later anyway. Just had to have them on tonight! (I hope 105 degrees is a typo if they meant fahrenheit cause it gets close to 130 in asphalt parking lots sometimes in the summer.)

at any rate if you want HIDs, after mine and chrish's experience maybe ought to go with a safer seller.

It's kinda BS that VVME.com represented themselves to be in the US on their website when they're actually in china. If you do a google search on their Lewes, Delaware address on the front page of their website it comes up with this:
https://www.delawareinc.com/aboutus/contact.cfm

A company that sets up corporations and LLCs. I don't think they really have an office in Delaware, they just use the address of the place that set them up a business in DE. And I bet whatever US phone # they have forwards right to Beijing.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, DDM is way better, I was just going on my experience, My kit has been flawless and hope it still is for its new owner.

but also, the term "you get what you pay for" kinda applies here. these kits are what 60 shipped. When 5 years ago the cheapest one was like 4-5 hundred FOR PLUG AND PLAY one. TO get a good kit with good customer service you need to go to a private owner like one of the vendors on here. Xenon depot and Higher lever auto are top rated at every site I visit with HID vendors.

chrish04

Reaction score
I'm going to go to xenon depot to get my next set. The guy is still saying he won't refund my money back if they test them and they work. So you know there going to say they worked just fine at there shop.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT

Thanks Man ^^^^^^^^^^^ i hope it is flawless too. but im setting here reading this post getting really worried bc i have two kits on there way straight from vvme one for lows one for fogs and the one i just bought from RT

so in all i am waiting on three of these vvme kits and now i read this !!!!!

well i blame BOOST he is the one that told me about vvme its all his fault

damn you BOOST!!!!

JK of course everyone calm down alot of people on here seem to have these kits and these are the first time im hearing of any issues. i dont mean to be rude here guys but im hope n this is just a isolated problem here.

btw i hope they do take care of you man good luck

chrish04

Reaction score
I would be ok if ours were just random bad kits, but my problem is they dont want to do anything to help me out with them. All I get for customer service is turn on the drls, ok well i pulled the fuse for that 6months ago and told him that and he replied back turn off the DRL'S. And if I send them in I have to pay for shipping to China land then if they test them and they test good, and as shady as this company is I know without a doubt they will say there good, and in that case they wont replace them or refund my money. Glad I only spent 66 bucks on them and not 300 or 400 for them

WhiteHoeZ71

Reaction score
I wish I could've bought a set from xenon depot since they are a supporting vendor. Without this forum, I wouldn't enjoy my Tahoe as much...

I read great claims about ddmtuning's kits, other than shipping times, so I emailed them to ask if they had the kit I wanted in stock or if they were waiting for a shipment and how soon they could actually ship after I paid. A couple of days later I got a response that only said "order now". Thats it, that really didn't answer my question! I ended up buying a set on ebay from a seller in Maryland, turelyyours (not truelyyours), for like $58 shipped. The best part to me is that I ordered at about 2am on (the day after X-Mas)Friday 12/26. By 9:45am I had a shipping confirmation with a tracking number. On Monday 12/29 the kit was at my Louisiana doorstep!:D I haven't had them installed long enough to speak on the quality but, no problems so far. Although I haven't seen the need for them yet, the kit did not come with relays, but they are so cheap and easy to find that was no big deal to me.

chrish04

Reaction score
Ok well I feel like a complete dumbass went to a buddy of mine who is good with electronics and it turned out my whole problem was the truck had to be running in order for them to get enough power when u was messing with them I never thought to start the truck stupid me. But the lights are amazing I can see everything now

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well I feel like a complete dumbass went to a buddy of mine who is good with electronics and it turned out my whole problem was the truck had to be running in order for them to get enough power when u was messing with them I never thought to start the truck stupid me. But the lights are amazing I can see everything now

I guess the harness does help in that respect, because I never had to start my engine to get the HID's to light.

But I am glad you got them working. :pics: