HID Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgt624824

Reaction score
I love the idea of the dual XEON beams instead of the high being a standard bulb. Now the question is can you get the H13 because I looked and did not find any made by Mcculloch. Now I did not really "bet" anything, I generall lose when I bet on anything. Kinda strange that the Yukon and Tahoe are almost identical under the skin that they have completely diffrent headlights.

I love the idea of the HIDs and if I do pull the trigger on a new Yukon then that will be a high priority to change out. Does anyone think that it would void the warrenty to have those in there. I know by law it should not unless it can be proved that it broke something but I would (here we go again) bet that some dealers would be happy to tell you that as soon as you open the hood your warrenty is null and void. Is there cutting of factory wires to put in the HIDs or does it just plug into the clip that the existing bulb plugs into?

Here's where I got mine, quick shipment and a quality kit. There is a wire harness that plugs into stock wire harness (included). I will post what Mcculloch wires match up the the Yukon (3 wires) this weekend (I wrote it down after testing to see which wire was which). I went with these fellas after searching for the best price on the H13 and a name brand kit:
http://www.ultrabrightlights.com/pc-21481-3913-5300k-mcculloch-h139008-bi-xenon-hid-kit.aspx

I believe I said 5000k above, but the kit I got was actually 5300k (they have all of the different levels) as I didn't want to lose the brightness and useability. Like you said, they have to prove that it caused the issue to void your warranty... ;)

-Travis

CaMs

Reaction score
just installed the 6500K kit from xenendepot.... Great color and output..since i had them on my past 2 lexus's, these are a MUST for me...will never use regular bulbs again.. even when taking the car home from the dealer, i had my headlights on and i thought they where off...due to me being use the the HID output

My only problem i had was the DAM installed....what a pain in the ass...took me 3hrs to do. i really dont understand why chevy makes you take the whole dam headlight out..its crazy....

But when its all done, its well worth it

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of the dual XEON beams instead of the high being a standard bulb. Now the question is can you get the H13 because I looked and did not find any made by Mcculloch. Now I did not really "bet" anything, I generall lose when I bet on anything. Kinda strange that the Yukon and Tahoe are almost identical under the skin that they have completely diffrent headlights.

I love the idea of the HIDs and if I do pull the trigger on a new Yukon then that will be a high priority to change out. Does anyone think that it would void the warrenty to have those in there. I know by law it should not unless it can be proved that it broke something but I would (here we go again) bet that some dealers would be happy to tell you that as soon as you open the hood your warrenty is null and void. Is there cutting of factory wires to put in the HIDs or does it just plug into the clip that the existing bulb plugs into?

the kit is plug and play, and as far as the h13 you will loose your high beam

tgt624824

Reaction score
the kit is plug and play, and as far as the h13 you will loose your high beam

jazejeff - I assume you're referring to the kits you sell (by your post I take it they're not bi-xenon kits).

As to not confuse anyone reading this, if you put in a true bi-xenon hid kit (like the Mcculloch I reference above) for the H13, your will NOT lose you high beams (ie - BI-xenon).

-Travis

tgt624824

Reaction score
Snapped a few pics as promised... Pics with the fogs on are to show the difference between the 5300k and the stock halogen (I still have the stock bulbs in the fogs thus far).

-Travis

Low Beam:
hid%20019.JPG

High Beam:
hid%20020.JPG

Misc:
denali%20206.JPG

denali%20203.JPG

hid%20012.JPG

hid%20017.JPG

Razorback

Reaction score
Travis,

Those look great! Thanks for the pics.

Do you have a link to the kit? I want to make sure I get the same thing you have.

Thanks,

gl

Razorback

Reaction score
Thanks Travis. Yeah, I realized I missed the original link. Sorry about that.

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dual arc bulbs you are referring to are they the mechanical high beams ,or are the the single arc with halogen high beams
all the dual hid kits ive came across are not worth it i think it will be another year or so before they perfect the dual arc hid kits

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, I would have to say that would be my first upgrade. One more question... On most cars and trucks I have driven, when you "flash" the headlights it turns on the low and high beams on at the same time. Is this true with the bi-xeon kit?

tgt624824

Reaction score
Sweet, I would have to say that would be my first upgrade. One more question... On most cars and trucks I have driven, when you "flash" the headlights it turns on the low and high beams on at the same time. Is this true with the bi-xeon kit?

You bet, functions the same as stock...when you 'flash' the high beams 'flash'....

-Travis

uvamack

Reaction score
I just called Ultrabrightlights, and they said they will ship the Bi-Xenon for $350 total. He said since we are part of a forum, he would reward referrals. Thanks Travis.

tgt624824

Reaction score
I just called Ultrabrightlights, and they said they will ship the Bi-Xenon for $350 total. He said since we are part of a forum, he would reward referrals. Thanks Travis.

Excellent! Glad to help..... ;)

-Travis

yukonpyro

Reaction score
I have not purchased an HID upgrade for my Yukon but plan to do so as soon as I can fix the towing sag issue (don't want to blind any drivers). The bi-xenon kits I have researched use a magnetic switch in them to move the bulb filament to give the effect of a high beam. Funny thing is that with my current Yukon high beam it takes a second to get bright. I wonder why there's a delay. Don't forget that if you swap out the H 13 bulb you will lose your daytime running lamps. I would love to make the DRL circuit use the yellow blinker bulb above the headlamp but that would far exceed my technical expertise! :yesnod:

tgt624824

Reaction score
I have not purchased an HID upgrade for my Yukon but plan to do so as soon as I can fix the towing sag issue (don't want to blind any drivers). The bi-xenon kits I have researched use a magnetic switch in them to move the bulb filament to give the effect of a high beam. Funny thing is that with my current Yukon high beam it takes a second to get bright. I wonder why there's a delay. Don't forget that if you swap out the H 13 bulb you will lose your daytime running lamps. I would love to make the DRL circuit use the yellow blinker bulb above the headlamp but that would far exceed my technical expertise! :yesnod:

yukonpyro - I assume you're referring to moving to another bulb other than the H13 (not sure why you would do this, but if that what you really mean?).

To be clear, I have the H13 Bi-xenon kit and you do NOT lose the DRL's. :thumbsup:

-Travis

yukonpyro

Reaction score
Travis, I was was referring to the H13 bulb. I have not been able to find an H13 HID bi-xenon bulb that will keep the DRLs. That's awesome that yours do. What do the DRLs look like? Is it a less bright version of the 5300 degree output?

All other HID H13 bulbs I have found did not have ballasts that were capable of producing a lower voltage for the DRLs but I am excited to hear you found some. What type of warranty do you have on your kit and do you know if it was made in Japan? ( I hear those are the best )

tgt624824

Reaction score
Travis, I was was referring to the H13 bulb. I have not been able to find an H13 HID bi-xenon bulb that will keep the DRLs. That's awesome that yours do. What do the DRLs look like? Is it a less bright version of the 5300 degree output?

All other HID H13 bulbs I have found did not have ballasts that were capable of producing a lower voltage for the DRLs but I am excited to hear you found some. What type of warranty do you have on your kit and do you know if it was made in Japan? ( I hear those are the best )

Thanks for the clarification.

Honestly, it's really hard for me to tell if the the DRL's are 'less bright' than the low beams, I would say they are very close if not the same.

Higher in the thread you'll find a link to the Mcculloch (my personal preference has always been to stay with a name brand kit, Hella, Phillips, Mucculloch, but everyone has their own opinion) Bi-xenon kit I installed, very happy with it.

Hope this helps,
Travis

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me like the Daytime Running Lights are the HID bulbs themselves. That means faster wear on the bulb and the ballast. I personally would rather see DLRs use a cheper bulb or even better LEDs that last forever.

tgt624824

Reaction score
That's correct, the DRL, low, and high beam are all run off of the H13 bulb (which is the same setup that our '05 Touareg had).

-Travis