HID Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kellywb

Reaction score
DRL Impact

I have read else where that a HID kit for a 2007 Tahoe (H11) should have the DRL's dissconnected. Is that correct? Do I have to worry about any DIC errors? If I just do the lows is it correct that everything else will work as normal? DRL's, Highs, Fogs? Thanks for the answers.

Kelly

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled fuses 30 and 32 a few days ago on my Yukon so my DRLs DONT turn on the HIDs, and I have no issues, no DIC messages or anything out of the ordinary. Works fine.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your putting hids on a tahoe or CHEVY gmt-900 why do you need to disable the drls, ONLY THE YUKONS USE THE LOW BEAM LIGHTS AS DRLS, the chevys act just like the gmt-800, no connection to the low beam lights, what DO need to be disabled are the AUTO LIGHTS. why, because at night the lights will come on before you crank and the starter takes most of the battery power, so it will not give a full 12V to the lights when cranking which can damage the lights over time, HID of course, halagons are fine.

vkuber

Reaction score
I have an 08 tahoe and just installed the HID's that JazeJeff sales and they were perfectly. How do you make it so YOU can turn on the lights when ever, not the auto. I have it setup when I unlock / lock my doors the lights will not turn on / off only when I turn the car on, since I am in a parking garage the auto lights turn on, any way to make that not do that?

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Pilot HID's? Alot of yall are spending $300-$400 for a set - the Pilots are $185... is that too cheap. any other brands?

vkuber

Reaction score
You get what you pay for man. I payed 250 with life time warranty from Jeff. The lights just look awesome.

fernandito7

Reaction score
I actually got my HID kit from Xenondepot and wrote the installation instructions for the 2007 Tahoe for them to include with their kits.

I would go with the H11 5000k Xtreme HID Conversion Kit vs. the 6000k they list.

The higher the number the less the actual light output and the more colored the light. Unless you want the ghetto looking blue lights with no improvement in visibility.

By any chance is xenondepot located in city of industry california and a guy named peter sells them? The reason i ask is because he sold me a kit and it came out defective. One ballast wouldnt light up. So i shiipped it back to him and have not gotten a replacement yet. Never answers his phone(i have the 1800 number from his paypal id) i bought the kit on spetember 25. Im still waiting for the replacement. Every time i email him he always ask "what do you need" im so frustrated with this guy.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he is a sponcer on this new forum, acadiaforum.net, he is the xenondepot.com and he is sponcered there, if you want to contact him, shoot him a PM, i am not sure weather you have to be a member there to contact people though. FWIW