Hood wont close completely..2000 NBS Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edit- Mods can this be moved into the right year? Guess I forgot I was browsing the newer forum

Ever since I got it the hood doesnt close right..just doesnt close enough i guess..I tried adjusting the latch but its slid all the way down. If i put pressure on the hood, it closes flat but pops back up..its not like when you hit the hood release, its closed more then that, but not all the way..I have to leave the bug shield on because its the only way that hides it..any ideas on how to make it close more/all the way?

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever Been Wrecked?

Take the latch off and drill out the holes (elongate) so it will slide down farther.\

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the front bumper was smashed from last winter..there was a pile up and he slid into a car doin about 15..nothing else was out of wack besides the bumper..Ill try that

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check those rubber stoppers, they may have come up enough to prevent the hood from closing or check the mechanism that locks it, it may have come loose and went out of adjustment.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill prolly pull the grille so i can see better..its just wierd that if i push down on it, it sits perfect but then pops back up..

the rubber stoppers are both all the way down to try to make it go down so its not even hitting those..

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine the lock mechanism has gotten loose and slid down, or the gizmo on the hood is out of whack (not ever looked at one really, not sure if it adjusts.....)

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine got in a minor accident like yours and it sits the same way. I havent got around to fixing it but I plan on extending those holes on the latch. that should solve the problem...