hot brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys I'm posting this from a cell so quick question I took a trip to Texas from Colorado I'm currently at a gathering with my inlaws but when we got here there was smoke coming from one of myrear brakes not sure if it was due to driving since my licence is currently under suspension but I drove it around a parking lot and it felt fine and everything looked good should I ignore that smoke or should I find a shop to check it out oh and by the way I'm using the duralast gold brakes any suggestions?

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wondering what your licence being suspended has anything to do with hot breaks... i doubt he e-brake was engauged as it would probably be beeping something real annoying at you if that was the case.. did you recently service your brakes? did you notice anything (smell) on the road trip or just when you arrived to TX?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Possibly dirty or worn guide pins causing that caliper to stick.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it might have been dirt I'm.onmy way back and all is ok no issues so far except the 100k miles I just put my truck over the good thing is that they are mostly highway miles but thanks guys for the advice