How many are happy with the 07/08 Tahoe?

How well do you like the New Tahoe/Yukon?

• Absoluetly love this truck, and would get another one in a heartbeat!

Votes: 308 64.7%
  • I loke it ok, but some things need improvement.

Votes: 136 28.6%
  • not what I thought it would be.

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • woulden't buy another one, would buy somthing else.

Votes: 15 3.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 looks good, drives good bud very disappointing. GM styling is beautiful now interior and exterior but it's now a

PIECE OF CRAP

Let me start by saying I have been a die hard GM fan. Always worked well. My 97 suburban has 156,000 and still going strong. Mine has had a liftgate possessed opening and closing on it's own (Bad rear switch), broken door handle (saw that coming the minute I bought it), a remote start that started from 10 feet away (I had to tear apart the rear interior to remove the antenna wire from the loom) and finally oil consumption issues that were awful and they tried to tell me were normal. In the end they went through the motor and found piston rings all inline (didn't want to tell me that though).

I drive this thing and all I think of is how they should have given this truck to someone to drive for a month to identify all the stupid things. They should:
  • give the passenger the ability to input directions into the navigation
  • Put a DVD power button somewhere near the front so I dont have to swerve everywhere looking for a remote then put my arm back nearly breaking it to turn it on.
  • no bluetooth? really...for $52,000
  • rain sense wipers are crap. they sense dry and turn on
  • the backup camera is a joke. It turns on by the time I'm done
  • the backup alarm is another joke. heard it once after I backed into a post.
  • the lack of a footwell for the 3rd row passenger is a joke for a large utility vehicle
  • a built in remote start that runs for 5 minutes when its zero degrees does nothing. Guess what, either does 10 minutes. set it up for summer and winter. winter should be at least 20 minutes to defrost windows and get the interior up to temp.

My wife's 41k honda pilot has all this and much more. It all functions great. I'm done with Chevy. You ask me for over 50k for this truck and give me lesser quality. Goodbye GM!

bowtie_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love/Hate 07 Tahoe LTZ

Love:
*Flex Fuel: I mostly run 85, seems to delivery a hair more HP
*Electronic Package: Bose system, back-up camera, electric seats, etc.
*Three row seats

Hate:
*MPG
*Factory 20" wheels: Replaced with 16" blacks w/285's
*Auto Wipers: Removed plug from sensor, now I can engage normally.
*Navigation system: passenger can't enter directions - Fixable with a $300 device.
*Auto 4-cycl drop: I can here it through the dual exhaust.
*Wood Texture dash: Removed and painted black.
*No Blu-Tooth
*Original battery seemed to deplete rapidly when vehicle was not operated over a week.
Replaced with a yellow top - fixed issue.

Pros outweigh the cons, but with a little modification, I love my beast.

staggerlee

Reaction score
2007 LTZ 20K miles

Just discovered that the rear door holds water after a rain.
Went to the store today and parked on flat ground.
Water was running all over the running board.
Opened the door, and the frame was dry, but lower door had water running out.
The daytime sensor on the dash works for about 2 weeks before going out again.

I called customer service at GMC and they put me on hold, then hung up on me.
Lee

dolfan

Reaction score
What I dislike about my 07 hoe?

Plain front grill (fixed with a $100 billet grille),
barely adequate headlamp (fixed with $60.00 HID upgrade),
boring tail lights (fixed with GM accessories clear lens),
simple wheels (fixed with 20" akuza dominion760 and dunlops)
suspension too spongey (fixed with a set of shocks and struts by gabriel for $200)
I can't say anything about gas mileage because, if I wanted better gas mileage I would have bought a cavalier.

what I like about my Tahoe,

Comfort,
3rd row seat for 2 baby/toddler seats and still plenty room for 2 teenagers in 2nd row,
serious towing power,
plenty power,
Compare to my ex-dodge, this is a big step up,
love the wheels, grille, taillights, suspension and HID headlamp :secret:

I love this suv.

iron butterfly

Reaction score
spanaway, wa(east of eden in the land of nod)
We've had our 2007 for four years and other than some minor electrical glitch it has been awesome. We traded a 1999 Ford Expidition off on it which, with the exception of stereo, was the biggest POS we've ever owned. The only thing I;d like to see changed is to offer them with a Duramax/Allison option.

MRAP

Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LTZ Hennessy HPE500 Edition

attachment.php

I am new to this site and think it is great. I love my 2007 Tahoe LTZ Hennessy HPE500 Edition.

NathT

Reaction score
Happy with 07/08 tahoe

Hey GUys,
I f..in love my hoe, now that I got a Diablo Tuner, I have had the Hoe about 6 months put a 2"level/lift and 285s on her and I really liked the ride and the bigger rubber, sure performance suffered, but I was willing to live with it, now that I want bigger tires, 305s or dare I try 315s I thought "what the hell I will fork out the bucks for the Diablo and see what happens...OMG!!! it is awesome, speedometer 5 miles off, program it in and bingo no mo incorrect speedo. man, soft shifts give you fits, bammo you can make the shift so hard your balls rattle your bung hole..and teeth rattle your skull...(not recomended) I have had the programmer for one day and I cannot tell you how happy I am, yes i want a cat back exhaust and yes i got the Airaid Jr. and having it installed, as far as exhaust go, I have always believed that the neighborhood muffler shop :superhack: is the way to go because they can pipe you larger pipe, smaller pipe, "turbo free flow muffle you or cherry bomb unmuffle you and get the same if not better result than a 1000 dollar borla or 600 dollar magna whatever... but omg this programmer has got me wetting my pants to go on a long trip...
until next time.. be safe my hoe brothers and sisters...:happy160:

NathT

Reaction score
Happy with 07/08 tahoe

Hey GUys,
I f..in love my hoe, now that I got a Diablo Tuner, I have had the Hoe about 6 months put a 2"level/lift and 285s on her and I really liked the ride and the bigger rubber, sure performance suffered, but I was willing to live with it, now that I want bigger tires, 305s or dare I try 315s I thought "what the hell I will fork out the bucks for the Diablo and see what happens...OMG!!! it is awesome, speedometer 5 miles off, program it in and bingo no mo incorrect speedo. man, soft shifts give you fits, bammo you can make the shift so hard your balls rattle your bung hole..and teeth rattle your skull...(not recomended) I have had the programmer for one day and I cannot tell you how happy I am, yes i want a cat back exhaust and yes i got the Airaid Jr. and having it installed, as far as exhaust go, I have always believed that the neighborhood muffler shop :superhack: is the way to go because they can pipe you larger pipe, smaller pipe, "turbo free flow muffle you or cherry bomb unmuffle you and get the same if not better result than a 1000 dollar borla or 600 dollar magna whatever... but omg this programmer has got me wetting my pants to go on a long trip...
until next time.. be safe my hoe brothers and sisters...:happy160:

BountyHunter

Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LT bought new and now has 168,000 miles. Only complaint is warped rotors. Otherwise, no issues at all. Had to replace camshaft sensor, but see that as a maintenance issue. Oh, and DIY spark plug replacement nasty for only the plug nearest firewall on passenger side.

staggerlee

Reaction score
Warped rotors are mostly caused by someone using Impact wrenches on the lug nuts.
Great care is taken at the factory on these fasteners to be sure they are all
coming into final torque at the same time.
If you must, use the impact only to take up the slack.
But final torque should always be done by hand, with a torque wrench.

The day night/sensor on dash has been trouble since it was new.
Its been worked on several times at dealership, but is still broken again.
I will never buy another new vechicle, or buy the extended warranty.
"Certified Used" vechicle is good enough for me.
And the cost is much more attractive.
Lee

markshop

Reaction score
Wow 16 pages and not 1 complaint about oil consumption. That makes me happy it must not be that widespred.

DennisW

Reaction score
Warped rotors are mostly caused by someone using Impact wrenches on the lug nuts.
Great care is taken at the factory on these fasteners to be sure they are all
coming into final torque at the same time.
If you must, use the impact only to take up the slack.
But final torque should always be done by hand, with a torque wrench.

The day night/sensor on dash has been trouble since it was new.
Its been worked on several times at dealership, but is still broken again.
I will never buy another new vechicle, or buy the extended warranty.
"Certified Used" vechicle is good enough for me.
And the cost is much more attractive.
Lee

"warped" rotors (a misnomer) have nothing to do with impact wrenches. There are several technical discussions on what really happens to a rotor to make it feel warped but suffice to say its a driving issue and not whether or not someone used an impact wrench to put the lugs back on.

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"warped" rotors (a misnomer) have nothing to do with impact wrenches. There are several technical discussions on what really happens to a rotor to make it feel warped but suffice to say its a driving issue and not whether or not someone used an impact wrench to put the lugs back on.
You're right.

linytahoe

Reaction score
I have an 08 LT, I'm not happy with it and its due to a lot of small things I've changed all door locks twice, passenger window not working, speakers on driver side not working, doors hold water after a rain, when I get in the truck the dvd player makes a strange noise. Changed the evap canister, check engine light wont go off code says it has a large leak but no leaks found.

Blancher08

Reaction score
Overall best bang for the buck Trute (truck Utility) Vehicle on the Market. Just needs a lil more power in the 5.3L. Not much more, as you would sacrifice MPG but maybe about 50-60 more hps would suffice.

PricklyPear

Reaction score
I like mine pretty well because of the comfort and the AC works well. Its quiet and smooth too.

Room for improvement?

1. spark plug access...grr
2. what's up with these wiring protectors that crumble away in the heat?
3. rear wiper motor broke
4. Needs more rear legroom, actually room for a rear facing car seat.

SluggoSloan

Reaction score
Love my 2007 LTZ

I've had this Tahoe for 2 years now and it's been great. NO major issues.
Had to replace the purge valve but that was it!
LOVE IT!!:happy160: