How many are happy with the 07/08 Tahoe?

How well do you like the New Tahoe/Yukon?

• Absoluetly love this truck, and would get another one in a heartbeat!

Votes: 308 64.7%
  • I loke it ok, but some things need improvement.

Votes: 136 28.6%
  • not what I thought it would be.

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • woulden't buy another one, would buy somthing else.

Votes: 15 3.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wild oats

Reaction score
I agree with you fully, I bought a '08 z71, sold it !! bought another '06 z71, The '08 was 500 lbs heavy, and "bus like"..milage worse, not a factor though....

AHS-TAHOE-LTZ

Reaction score
I really like the tahoe, but I'm super disappointed with the transmission, it sucks. Glad to hear they are phasing in the 6-speed.

The Same Feeling !!!

Why GM !!!! Why

All People (owners Of hoe 07-08) in Our Gulf-Country Feel the SAME !!!

Kuwait- Sudia Arbia- Baharain- UAE(emarits)- Qatar -Oman

Last edited:

97tahoe

Reaction score
2007 with 48k and still LOVE IT!!!!

Almost everything about it is perfect and still feel excited every time I walk up to it in a parking lot because hands down, it's the best looking vehicle on the lot!!!!

With that said there are always issues so if I could wave a magic wand to change a few things I would change;
*Add an extender sun shield to visors
*Not make 3rd row seat weigh so much and be so cumbersome to maneavor
*Allow 2nd row seats to fold flat
*Redesign 2nd row headrest to allow better back up view

Just a few minor tweaks but otherwise it's PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richierich78

Reaction score
Love the new Tahoe's, but I have one major complaint....

Bluetooth, bluetooth, bluetooth...and better factory integration with iPods. Holding onto OnStar is really leaving GM in the dust when it comes to factory integration and in-car technology.

QFT

I don't want to use OnStar I want to use my phone. Every luxury car and some mid-range except for GM has bluetooth.

What The French... Toast

Bowtye8

Reaction score
I picked up a new '08 Suburban the other day. I love it!!! And loving it more and more each day! Got rid of an '06 Trailblazer SS.

With that said, I have noticed a few things since I got it (minor) that I'm surprised about...
- No light in the glovebox??? How is someone supposed to look in there at night? Seems silly that the answer would be to turn on the overhead light.

- Lack of storage "cubbies" in the cargo area. Granted there is one, it is very small. My Trailblazer had one on each side which were larger. In addition there was a nice sized one on the floor under the cargo mat. It was a great place to store a ball hitch, locks for it, a small toolkit, etc...

- No mat for the cargo area?

- No organizer for the front armrest storage compartment? It's a nice sized space. Would be great if it came with some sort of tray organizer.

- Some controls are in odd places such as the button to toggle between the mileage/trip/fuel settings. Wish it was on the steering wheel like the Trailblazer has.

- They should really update the software for the radio/touchscreen/NAV to the same one they use in the 2008 CTS. My wife has one and that is hands down the best interface in any OEM application. Makes me a little envious of my wife's ride.

- Did I read something on this forum that there is no plugin under the hitch for trailer light/brake controls? I havent gone to verify it but if so, that is ridiculous. I just ASSUMED it was there. I'll look later.

Anyhow, I'm not bitching about it. I totally love the truck and can deal with these items without ever bringing up these items again.

I'm a Republican so I can deal with most things without having to cry to someone about it repeatedly. Just wanted to mention some things that "surprised" me.

I have some of these same grips but I still love ,y 2009 LTZ 6.2L Hoe!!

Owned a 95 and a 2001 Previous. I notice the same items this posted mentioned. One more to add. I liked the headrest that tilted fwd.

The 6.2l is plenty sweet!. I towed with it a few times......Should not say but a 12,500 boat and Compared to the 2001 the 09 pulled it with ease.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad63lac: There is a lift out organizer for the front center console for about $35. There is a standard round 7-pin trailer brake connector as part of the receiver.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have 3 complaints:
1. No bluetooth.
2. It needs more clearance at the fenders so I can put on larger tires without getting the body or chassis lifted.
3. They need to get rid of that POS Bose. It is the worst and most overpriced sound system on earth. I like having the factory nav and dvd, but as long as bose is part of the deal I will not buy another GM anything. I have a 20 year old jeep with a factory sound system that sounds better.

Alexey

Reaction score
I have Tahoe `08 and absoluetly love it, although the is no quality service in Russia and some problems of manufacturer. But in any way it`s great in technic and visual parties. Soon I will take a new one. But the prices for american trucks in our country is doubled )))

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had 86,000 on my 07 when the drunk hit my wife. I loved that Tahoe. I bought it new with 8 miles on her when I sat inside it for the first time. I left with it that day.
The 08 is nice but it's not my 07! It is the pearl diamond this time around instead of the sport red.

MVC-003F.JPG

DSC03154.JPG

This was the 07 after the wreck!

DSC03027.JPG

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope your wife is OK. Another reason to drive a gas guzzling, planet destroying SUV. (I've got two of them) If she had been in a Smart car or Prius, it would have been her coffin.

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife

Yes she is a lucky lady. If it had been any other vehicle we own it would have been her coffin. The guy hit the tahoe in the drivers door and best I could tell he never touched his brakes. It flipped the Tahoe 6 times. It came to rest 175 ft off the road.
There will be a Tahoe or a Suburban in our drive way for now own.

DSC03005.JPG

DSC03016.JPG

bcb1

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 Yukon 2WD (fire red, silver bottom) - I still own it, it has 188,000 miles and still looks and runs outstanding. I gave it to my daughter since she's driving now.

Bought a 2005 BMW X5 a couple years ago - absolutely loved it, but it's just not as practical as a Tahoe. It excels in driving, but unfortunately not much else. You couldn't ask for a more solid, driver oriented vehicle to cruise around in, but I never felt right taking it to Home Depot to get bags of mulch or wood pellets. And it had no 3rd row and no cross bars for the luggage rack, so it wasn't good to take on vacation.

So...I just traded the X5 a week or two ago for a 2011 Tahoe. I ordered a Victory Red one, and put Z71 wheels, tires, and running boards on it - I guess you'd call it a "fake" Z71, lol. But I like it, it's big and roomy and comfortable just like my old Yukon. I'm not so much a fan of the 6 speed trans though, I like the 4L60E like the Yukon has.

CJR2

Reaction score
We just picked up gently used a 2008 LT today to replace my wife's 2002 LT.

My wife loves her Tahoe and wanted a newer version. Like the styling, not as nimble as our 2002, seems a bit heavier (even the driver door is noticeably heavier).

Looks like a very safe vehicle for the family and it rides like a Caddy:thumbsup:

Tahoes.jpg

bcb1

Reaction score
congrats!

I feel the same way - like my '00 Yukon is lighter and more nimble than my '11 Tahoe.

Many of the things about the new Tahoe that I really like - seats are very comfy, satellite radio is awesome, I like the layout of the dash and controls, and I really like the looks of the new body style compared to the older body style.

The 6 speed trans is okay, but I really don't like Active Fuel Management. On the highway it's fine, but driving around town with a light foot, it'll easily kick into 4 cyl mode and then you get a resonance/vibration. Not bad, but I definitely notice it and I don't like it.

Seems to me like GM should make a provision so that owners can turn on or off AFM if they want to. It's not like a safety system like antilock brakes, there is no harm in turning off a "gas saving" feature.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bcb1: If you are noticing the V4 mode, then I'm guessing something is wrong. Both my '07 & '10 are seamless and un-noticeable. The GM Performance exhaust I had on the '07 did make it a little noticeable but not so much it bothered me. The 2010 has a different muffler which probably is tuned a little better. Also prevented me from using the Perf. exhaust on it. :(

bcb1

Reaction score
I think maybe I'm more sensitive than most when it comes noticing stuff about the truck. I had a squeak in the headliner above my head that drove me nuts, my wife didn't even notice it at all.

The AFM kicking down to V4 mode doesn't bother me at all on the highway - as you say, I can't even feel it. Even driving at 40-50 mph on rural roads it's fine. Where I feel it is in town driving, when I feather the throttle, it'll kick into V4 mode and if I continue to use a light foot, it'll stay in V4 mode and I'll notice a little engine resonance.

If I drive it in manual mode, it doesn't seem to kick into V4 mode hardly ever, so most of the time I drive it in "M5".

I was debating on buying the Diablo Trinity programmer just so I could disable AFM, but I really don't want to risk voiding my warranty over such a stupid issue like AFM.

08withoe

Reaction score
Hey guys..just lookin for an opinion ..I currently lease an 08 ltz tahoe and thinking about buying it out to keep for a long time..the buy out is 34000. You think it is worth it

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If fully loaded, sounds pretty good to me. That's about what the dealer sold my '07 about a year ago for w/ 32K mi.