How many are happy with the 07/08 Tahoe?

How well do you like the New Tahoe/Yukon?

• Absoluetly love this truck, and would get another one in a heartbeat!

Votes: 308 64.7%
  • I loke it ok, but some things need improvement.

Votes: 136 28.6%
  • not what I thought it would be.

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • woulden't buy another one, would buy somthing else.

Votes: 15 3.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAHOE KID

Reaction score
I love my 08. Really had no complaints on it yet. Love the ride, looks, etc.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the people who voted "not what i thought it would be" or NEVER BUY AGAIN.

Can you Please explain??

please give details (ie, model, year, 2 or 4 wheel drive, options, trim level, how you use it, and modifications to the truck):thumbsup:

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
so the people who voted "not what i thought it would be" or NEVER BUY AGAIN.

Can you Please explain??

please give details (ie, model, year, 2 or 4 wheel drive, options, trim level, how you use it, and modifications to the truck):thumbsup:

Good luck, they are a bunch of angry Durango owners with too much time on their hands... ;)

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We like our 08 GMC Yukon. We just past 3,000 miles, so I can't give you much opinion on durability. Performance and function have all worked as expected. Getting 17 mpg on our combined city / county commute to & from work.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it true when they say "you will never be satisfied". I find myself building my truck to resemble a Denali, and a Escalade. I should have just gotten the Escalade. It just bothers me that there are so many Tahoes on the road now. I rarely see Denali and Esko's in my town, but i do see a ton of Tahoes. But i do love my truck, its just very fustrating when the Tahoe, Denali, and Escalade is almost the same truck with a few changes thoughout the models. Feels like im in 3rd place with the Tahoe.

TAHOE KID

Reaction score
I have a 08, FWD, LT2 package Tahoe. We love it because it's roomy, rides smooth, good gas milage for a full size SUV, It just looks great. We travel alot and we just enjoy our vacations more with this truck.

TAHOE KID

Reaction score
I think the opposite on my Tahoe. I think I am in first place with my truck. I believe that the Tahoe looks ten times more attractive then the Denali and the Escalade. I looked at both and I chose the Tahoe overall. If you buy the fully loaded Tahoe then you can have the same features as the others but they do not look as good.

Mr. Furley

Reaction score
Wish it had the Escalade engine/trans option. And a better looking gauge cluster like it too.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the opposite on my Tahoe. I think I am in first place with my truck. I believe that the Tahoe looks ten times more attractive then the Denali and the Escalade. I looked at both and I chose the Tahoe overall. If you buy the fully loaded Tahoe then you can have the same features as the others but they do not look as good.

Don't know about the 08s but the leather in the 07s is very hard, not supple. Maybe it'll last longer.

Guardian

Reaction score
Well, after putting 7,800 miles on my 08 LT3 Blue-Granite Metallic Z71, I think it is just a great vehicle!

We did some pretty heavy driving in May. Put almost 3,000 miles on the Z on some long trips. Never felt so comfortable driving for long periods in my life.

I've owned a Lexus, Ford Expedition, Chevy Silverado, Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer, Eagle Premier, Maxima Wagon, Olds Cutlass, and a '66 Mustang. This Z, so far, has been the best of the bunch. The fit and finish is excellent. Didn't think we would like the black and light grey interior but it hasn't been a problem. Looks real neat!

I just love the sound of the engine when it starts up. Sounds like I've got a real machine. And on the highway, I can pass 18-wheelers without having a clear road 10-miles ahead!

Gas is high, but I wouldn't have bought this vehicle if gas prices were a concern. As long as everyone else "goes green" and leaves me the gas, I'll keep driving my Z71! Thank you very much!

djnsmith7

Reaction score
I love my '07 Tahoe...Had in since last July, so I've had it a year now. Haven't had any problems with it. It replaced a POS '98 Infinity QX4 (Damn was that a POS). That small V6 only pumped out 165 HP. Yea, can you believe that crap...Anyway...

Suffice it to say I'm absolutely loving this Tahoe & the V8 320 HP 5.3L engine to me, is awesome. I haven't towed anything yet, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed when I do.

Now, if I could only afford those 22's I want...lol

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like our 07 LT3 Z71 Tahoe and would likely buy another one. I also upgraded from a QX4, but I would not call that a POS. Yes, it was underpowered but it was a good daily driver and not bad off-road (although I upgraded with a lift, mud terrains, intake and exhaust).

As far as comparing it to a Denali or Escalade, I like the Z71 looks/package better (off-road capability, front facia, interior and exterior aluminum trim, carbon fiber look gauges, two tone interior, etc.) and the LT3 package is comparable to luxury. I wish the 07s had the 6 speed auto though...

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2wd 08 Yukon and love it! I had a small epiphany of my own. I think the Yukon is more 'blingy' than the Tahoe. The Tahoe has fantastic lines and I think it looks more like a 4wd. Also, the Tahoe looks good in more colors. It's all personal preference, but I knew I would never wheel this princess. Especially when I have an 87 4Runner in the garage waiting to be beaten on. I'm contradicting myself now, but even though I like some bling, I think the Escalade is over the top. I don't see a hierarchy between the three, all are so damn awesome now for all their own reasons. I do see far more Tahoes here in Vegas though so I'm glad I have the blingy ugly ducking. haha!! I can say, when I see any of the three, I'm always checkin' them out. Some people have some great mods, others, not sure what was going through their brains. :eek2:

sarahw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove the Escalade, the Denali and the Tahoe LTZ...then chose the 'Hoe. :D The only feature I loved about the 'Lade that was not available on the Tahoe was the a/c seats. IMO, the Tahoe has the look and the options that I wanted and a pricetag of nearly $20k less than the loaded Escalade. It was a no-brainer and so far I have no regrets.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my 07 the only thing is that the average trade in value goes for around $19-21K... :mad2:

cbramsey

Reaction score
I picked up my 2008 Tahoe LT yesterday. My first impressions of the 'hoe are excellent.

I was bummed I had to get the remnants of Tropical Storm Hanna washed off the newly detailed vehicle. :mad2:

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a new '08 Suburban the other day. I love it!!! And loving it more and more each day! Got rid of an '06 Trailblazer SS.

With that said, I have noticed a few things since I got it (minor) that I'm surprised about...

- No light in the glovebox??? How is someone supposed to look in there at night? Seems silly that the answer would be to turn on the overhead light.

- Lack of storage "cubbies" in the cargo area. Granted there is one, it is very small. My Trailblazer had one on each side which were larger. In addition there was a nice sized one on the floor under the cargo mat. It was a great place to store a ball hitch, locks for it, a small toolkit, etc...

- No mat for the cargo area?

- No organizer for the front armrest storage compartment? It's a nice sized space. Would be great if it came with some sort of tray organizer.

- Some controls are in odd places such as the button to toggle between the mileage/trip/fuel settings. Wish it was on the steering wheel like the Trailblazer has.

- They should really update the software for the radio/touchscreen/NAV to the same one they use in the 2008 CTS. My wife has one and that is hands down the best interface in any OEM application. Makes me a little envious of my wife's ride.

- Did I read something on this forum that there is no plugin under the hitch for trailer light/brake controls? I havent gone to verify it but if so, that is ridiculous. I just ASSUMED it was there. I'll look later.

Anyhow, I'm not bitching about it. I totally love the truck and can deal with these items without ever bringing up these items again.

I'm a Republican so I can deal with most things without having to cry to someone about it repeatedly. Just wanted to mention some things that "surprised" me.

sarahw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- No organizer for the front armrest storage compartment? It's a nice sized space. Would be great if it came with some sort of tray organizer.

The organizer tray is available from your dealer parts dept. for ~$30. It will be the best money you've spent lately. :D