How many are happy with the 07/08 Tahoe?

How well do you like the New Tahoe/Yukon?

• Absoluetly love this truck, and would get another one in a heartbeat!

Votes: 308 64.7%
  • I loke it ok, but some things need improvement.

Votes: 136 28.6%
  • not what I thought it would be.

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • woulden't buy another one, would buy somthing else.

Votes: 15 3.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08withoe

Reaction score
It is fully loaded..only prob I really had with it is had to replace 3 door locks.. Do these tahoes last a long time? I plan on paying it off and keeping it long time.. Thanks for your time 73 shark

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't testify to the longevity of the NBS but I had about 32K on my 2007 with no major problems.

08withoe

Reaction score
do you own a tahoe now? how do you feel about buying an extended warranty..good idea or no...i believe they go for around $2200.
me tahoe only has 22000 miles on it ..i dont think its a bad deal for $34000

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have a 2010 Tahoe LTZ and bought a GMPP extended warranty. Got 84 month/56K mi for $1,675 from Black Pontiac Cadillac in PA. Did it all on the internet. My dealer said that was less than he could get it for.

08withoe

Reaction score
Sounds good thanks... Any major changes with 2010 that made you get rid of 2007 .

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6-spd, cooled seats, a true silver paint, integrated hitch cover, standard wiper arms that don't require $25 refills.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems a little quicker off the line since 1st is numerically higher than a 4 spd. Also much smoother. Hardly notice shifts under moderate throttle.

OK Hoe

Reaction score
What I love about My 2009

What I love about My 2009:
6 speed transmission
Bose Radio
Simplicity OF The LT Package
"Auto" 4 Wheel Drive
Highway Fuel Economy
Remote Start

Don't Like:
Onstar - Hate It
XM Radio's Renewal Cost & Policies
Transmission Hunting For Gear
Throttle Response In A Corner
Plastic Mini Van Bumpers That Scratch - Needs Chrome
Blue Tooth
The HEAVY 3rd Row Seats

jweezy

Reaction score
rough idle Timing Lean Advance

Love the Tahoe, but has some wierd vibrations that come and go. Seems to be from drivetrain, but I am going to rebalance wheels and see if that helps

Mine runs rough after warm up, heard the timing needs advancing. Dealership says Operating as designed HA HA HA It rocks all over the place. 150 RPM's down then up. My brother 2000 runs perfectly smooth. I believe the trucks run lean due to emissions standards GM has to follow. I wish I could advance the timing but don't know how other than to buy a 300-400.00 edge evolution programmer or equivalent. Anyone else having same rough idle issue. I bet you all are.

jweezy

Reaction score
still running rough after Fuel System treaments Doubled, Twice

Might run a couple of bottles of Techron thru it and see if that helps.

Ran 2 bottles with a FULL tank of Chevron 93 Octane twice now.
No difference. Still feel a shutter/shake with my leg against the door and watch the rpms fluctuate. Replaced Factory air filter with K&N air filter.
I changed the original ac delco spark plugs and wires with
Autolite Xp (Xtreme Performance)
Iridium Enhanced Fine Wire Spark Plug XP5245
and Autolite Professional Series Ignition Wire set 97093
No change at all. There's no fuel filter to change. So it's timing - which I can't have adjusted - Dealer won't touch OR can't!?
I got 53,000 on it now love the truck just waiting for the fuel pump to crap out I guess. Thing is it starts great!?
So leaning heavily on Dealer Says "Operating as Designed" As stated by other members.
Just irritated to see my brother 2001 with the 5.3 run perfect while my RPMs fluctuate and you can actually feel vibration and movement in the entire vehicle from the engine.

jweezy

Reaction score
Fuel Filter NON Serviceable FOOLISH Design

Yes, I have a 2010 Tahoe LTZ and bought a GMPP extended warranty. Got 84 month/56K mi for $1,675 from Black Pontiac Cadillac in PA. Did it all on the internet. My dealer said that was less than he could get it for.

Did the same thing GMPP MG 0 Ded covers to 75,000 miles. Cheap enough.
Bough 2007 LT3 with 42,000 had a lot done under Used Certified. Transmission went 200 miles after buying - sprag let loose destroyed first clutch.
Right Front Caliper Went. Rear Seat Audio Display went - still worked they replaced it all. both front 12v Outlets and covers - covers were broke off.
End Gate Entire Rear Glass - Wires are to tight breaking off at rear defogger. All 4 door outer seals rusted at bottom. All 4 chrome handles - were sharp and cutting our hands.
Both Rear door Window Hockey puck moldings. Everything has been fixed with no cost to me Thank God.
Runs rough but I can manage.
Eventually probably get an edge programmer to fix adjust the timing.
Needs advancing and these programmers I believe can fix the rough idle we all experience from these leaned out engines. Got to love emission standards!
Have 53,000 now waiting for fuel pump to go as I've heard about these.
They have a mess inside the tanks now. Why the heck would GM take away a serviceable fuel filter & Cabin Air Filter?

Last edited:

jlouis2

Reaction score
I LOVE my 2008 Hoe!!! It has a little over 87,000 miles on it and I am still adding new stuff to it. No major issues yet! Although I do hear a "clunking" sound coming from the rear passenger side sometimes. Took it to the dealership, but of course every time I go in, no noise. The only thing I could wish for is the third row to fold flat. I plan on giving this truck to my oldest son (10) when he gets his drivers licence. My warranty is up once I hit 100k (which for me is coming up quickly). Anyone know of any good companies for an over 100k aftermarket warranty?

collins912

Reaction score
Chevy could add a bit more quality to the truck for the price they charge for it. I mean fake wood on the dash/cheap plastic. IMO it is wayyyyy overpriced for what it is. I have an 07 LT and there is nothing special about it.

jweezy

Reaction score
Chevy could add a bit more quality to the truck for the price they charge for it. I mean fake wood on the dash/cheap plastic. IMO it is wayyyyy overpriced for what it is. I have an 07 LT and there is nothing special about it.

I have an LT3 and agree they are pricey.
Two things you must consider though
First they are full size not Mid Size or compact SUV that don't pull for sheet.
Secondly they are cheaper than the Strictly LOOKS of GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade.
The Tahoe and it's fake moldings are everything the more expensive sister SUV's are as far as frame engine transmission tow capacity etc.

collins912

Reaction score
I have an LT3 and agree they are pricey.
Two things you must consider though
First they are full size not Mid Size or compact SUV that don't pull for sheet.
Secondly they are cheaper than the Strictly LOOKS of GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade.
The Tahoe and it's fake moldings are everything the more expensive sister SUV's are as far as frame engine transmission tow capacity etc.

Very true indeed! But mid 30K's for a base model tahoe is a bit ridiculous. I think from the mid 20's to mid 40's would very reasonable for the quality they produce.