How many are happy with the 07/08 Tahoe?

How well do you like the New Tahoe/Yukon?

• Absoluetly love this truck, and would get another one in a heartbeat!

Votes: 308 64.7%
  • I loke it ok, but some things need improvement.

Votes: 136 28.6%
  • not what I thought it would be.

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • woulden't buy another one, would buy somthing else.

Votes: 15 3.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guardian

Reaction score
I just put the first 1,000 miles on my 08 LT3 Z71. We also just spent the day out on a trip and the Tahoe is a dream to drive and own. Not one single problem and we've tried everything on this vehicle. It sounds solid, runs as smooth as I expected and it 100 times more comfortable for me than our 2006Lexus!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that, but I know that. What I meant was a way to turn the auto wiper feature off completely...just operate the wipers the normal way. I have heard others complain about the "auto" operation of these.

Wiper control has four basic positions, off, several variable sensitivity auto positions, manual low speed, and manual high speed. Therefore you can operate the wipers in "manual" mode if desired.

terd fergeson

Reaction score
i luv it...but the quality in parts is lacking(crappy wipers,rear windows roll halfway,cheap sounds,floppy interior panels,etc)

it jus mite be that i have the LS(less superior)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i luv it...but the quality in parts is lacking(crappy wipers,rear windows roll halfway,cheap sounds,floppy interior panels,etc)

it jus mite be that i have the LS(less superior)

you have bad wipers then. they are supposed to be almost like bosch icons.

the cheap sounds are more in your opinion but i disagree completly. floppy interior is also in your opinion but i highly disagree as my yukon has a better interior than my lincoln and they cost almost the same.

but an ls has the same materials as a fully loaded ltz.

misonido

Reaction score
...rear windows roll halfway...QUOTE]
That's due to the shape of the door, since it wraps around the wheel well the full glass wouldn't be able to retract all the down... I agree that having the window go all the way down would be great, but since I do not need all the space of an XL Yukon or Suburban I am fine with what I have... I don't sit back there anyways and with my dog I'd rather it not go down all the way!

sshepherd

Reaction score
I've only had my 08 LT3 for 3 weeks and so far so good. We took it to Atlanta when it was a week old and I was very pleased with gas mileage. Driver's seat is comfortable, truck operated very smooth in cruise, and the 900 mile journey was enjoyable.

Kbg818

Reaction score
I LOVE MY 2008 TAHOE I GOT IT IN OCTOBER BUT 1 PROBLEM I HAD WITH IT WAS THAT THE FRONT DRIVER SHOCK BROKE AND I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER BUT SINCE MY CAR HAS 24s THEY VOIDED MY WARRENTY WHICH IM IN A LAW SUIT WITH THEM OTHER THEN THAT LOVE THE TRUCK

Kbg818

Reaction score
2008 Evil Tahoe

I LOVE MY 2008 TAHOE I GOT IT IN OCTOBER BUT 1 PROBLEM I HAD WITH IT WAS THAT THE FRONT DRIVER SHOCK BROKE AND I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER BUT SINCE MY CAR HAS 24s THEY VOIDED MY WARRENTY WHICH IM IN A LAW SUIT WITH THEM OTHER THEN THAT LOVE THE TRUCK

Last edited:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines

Could you please not shout(typing in caps) as it is a bit annoying.

Greystone07

Reaction score
Love the truck in a million ways but 1 thing bothers me
I have a 1LT and upgraded the radio to the bose with 6 CD and my kids portable radio is louder i can have a conversation with someone in the back with the radio almost full blast...
But the 20's and towing i added are Awsome ,,,
i just could not see spending 2200 for a GPS radio and camera that i could get OEM for under 700 Dollars..

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hope you have deep pockets.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I love it, It's my second Tahoe. My first one was a 98 and I kept it 10 years hope to do the same with this one and I hope it holds up just as good.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the truck in a million ways but 1 thing bothers me
I have a 1LT and upgraded the radio to the bose with 6 CD and my kids portable radio is louder i can have a conversation with someone in the back with the radio almost full blast...
But the 20's and towing i added are Awsome ,,,
i just could not see spending 2200 for a GPS radio and camera that i could get OEM for under 700 Dollars..

somthing is very wrong, mine goes super loud. when mine is halfway up you cant talk to the guy right next to you with out shouting and even then its hard to hear.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love mine. There's couple of things that could use improvement (like 3rd seats folding into the floor) but after bouncing around in a Hummer for 3 1/2 years driving the Hoe is a dream!

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no regrets other than the color I chose. White is a royal PIA to keep clean. I actually went back to dealer to see what it would cost me to get into a Gray or Silver one. My salesman wasnt in. Guess it was an omen.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no regrets other than the color I chose. White is a royal PIA to keep clean. I actually went back to dealer to see what it would cost me to get into a Gray or Silver one. My salesman wasnt in. Guess it was an omen.

paint it that color, it will be cheaper to have yours painted then trade it in for a different color.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paint it that color, it will be cheaper to have yours painted then trade it in for a different color.

Except for the couple grand, at minimum, it costs to do COMPLETELY, and then the value issues afterwards because it's been repainted--even if perfect. Not a common thing on "new" vehicles.

So trading isn't necessarily a bad thing, of course, all depending on your current loan balance, etc.

scottbrew

Reaction score
Love the Tahoe, but has some wierd vibrations that come and go. Seems to be from drivetrain, but I am going to rebalance wheels and see if that helps

ChevyGirl

Reaction score
Wish I would of held out for the 09!:( I really think the black on black interior is kind of lame, I didn't think so until I seen the tan interior, It's just something about the material, it scratches real easy on the door panels, my trailblazer wasn't like that. I would of thought for 60 G's the LTZ would of been like a Denali's interior.

I wish I would of hit the trunk button!:wow: NO ROOM , I would of went straight for the Suburban!:yesnod:

The Ride!
The Look!
LOVE IT!:thumbsup:

I know what to look for in the next one. OH wait the next one is a Caddi!:lol: