How many love the current Tahoe Body style?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BACK ON TOPIC !!!!!!

chevy, love tahoe/suburban, hate the silverado front end.

GMC- hate yukon/xl front end. LOVE SIERRA FRONT END. dont know why, but thats the way it is. :cool2:

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naw ther not bad at all, but i have always had a big truck, so im used to if since i was 15 and had a permit. :man: the first vehicle i ever drove was a 1997 silverado 3/4 ton. so im just born to drive them i guess.

tahoe- why, smaller, better economy, plus i have a big one already, dont need too, dont have kids yet ( and i hope not soon :lol:)

but i look at a charger or tahoe that is 42k, and i can pay that off in a year or two, or i look at a land rover, hummer, bimmer, and say i have that ball and chain on me for 6 or 7 years, i dont want that. :wow:

btw, what do you do for a living, you seem to have a nack for new cars right now, and i dont think i could ever afford 3 new cars in one month .LOL and pay them off so soon.

i looked at an esky, but talked to my mother about it and she shot it down by saying her clients ( apperently drug dealers who got cought) drive them, or black rap dudes and i dont need this "bling bling thing" as she called it. LOL.

Well, I started a flooring company in 2001. We started off with 5 employees specializing in remodeling older homes. I never did any of the construction, I was more the office guy with the funding. Around 2004 we started a huge growth and got more into new homes. At the end of 2005 I was in the right place at the right time and got my company a job doing all the hardwood and carpet work in a 175 home subdivision starting from the 600k's, and that's when the company started doing well. Since then we have built a good reputation for many of the high end homes of Birmingham and Montgomery. I never would have dreamed 6 years ago that we would have ever been this successful, though, and I'm thankful for every dollar that we have earned. I started off the business living in a 2 bedroom house and my wife drove a 10 year old Oldsmobile and I drove an old Explorer, oh how things change :smilielol: .

My wife said basically the same thing about the Escalade. We had the same fight before I bought my Tahoe, she said Escalades were for elderly rich men and thugs. Don't know that I would go that far, but they really do kinda fit her stereotype ;) .

I just went down and looked at the X5 and 550i after church, those things are niceee. After I saw them I think I'm leaning more towards the X5, I probably need something a little higher for some of the roads around here, wouldn't want to hit a pothole in a 550i :ack: .

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I started a flooring company in 2001. We started off with 5 employees specializing in remodeling older homes. I never did any of the construction, I was more the office guy with the funding. Around 2004 we started a huge growth and got more into new homes. At the end of 2005 I was in the right place at the right time and got my company a job doing all the hardwood and carpet work in a 175 home subdivision starting from the 600k's, and that's when the company started doing well. Since then we have built a good reputation for many of the high end homes of Birmingham and Montgomery. I never would have dreamed 6 years ago that we would have ever been this successful, though, and I'm thankful for every dollar that we have earned. I started off the business living in a 2 bedroom house and my wife drove a 10 year old Oldsmobile and I drove an old Explorer, oh how things change :smilielol: .

My wife said basically the same thing about the Escalade. We had the same fight before I bought my Tahoe, she said Escalades were for elderly rich men and thugs. Don't know that I would go that far, but they really do kinda fit her stereotype ;) .

I just went down and looked at the X5 and 550i after church, those things are niceee. After I saw them I think I'm leaning more towards the X5, I probably need something a little higher for some of the roads around here, wouldn't want to hit a pothole in a 550i :ack: .

dude, i know how you feel about private businesses, i started at 18k selling 50k houses, and drove a 1987 k5 blazer with 150k when i bought it. LOL. now about 3 years later i never thought at my age i would be driving an 06, and shopping for a second new car. but im VERY thankful about all the blessings i have had and that i still make ends meet, in this economic hell. :eek:

hmm instresting review about the X5, i may go take a look at one then.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the range rover, it'll spend a lot of time in the shop and there aren't too many places that do warranty repairs for it.
It's a nice ride but you get a lot more vehicle for the money in a tahoe. You can get a loaded tahoe LT3 Z71 for about $50,000, the range rover is nearly double that.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, i know how you feel about private businesses, i started at 18k selling 50k houses, and drove a 1987 k5 blazer with 150k when i bought it. LOL. now about 3 years later i never thought at my age i would be driving an 06, and shopping for a second new car. but im VERY thankful about all the blessings i have had and that i still make ends meet, in this economic hell. :eek:

hmm instresting review about the X5, i may go take a look at one then.

Funny how life changes. Hell, you're gonna be one successful sob if you keep up the way your going at 21. My son is 19 at the University of Alabama and he probably won't graduate until he's 22 :rolleyes: , he thinks I'm just going to hand him a good job right out of school, but he's going to be in for quite a shock. I'll help out my kids in any way I can, but I had to work for every dime of what I have, they need to learn to do the same.

New housing is still selling pretty nicely here. I think it's probably becuase of the cheap housing market, though. You can get a nice house in Montgomery for 400k, buy the same house in Atlanta and it would probably run you up over 750k.

BACK ON TOPIC--
The NBS Tahoe and Silverado are fine, not too crazy about the NBS Yukon and Sierra (unless it's Denali).

Guardian

Reaction score
I'm about 24 hours from owning an 2008 LT3 Z71 w/ Nav and RSE. Of course I like the NBS for the Tahoe. But, I don't like the headlights on the Yukon. They just don't look right!

Can't wait!

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about 24 hours from owning an 2008 LT3 Z71 w/ Nav and RSE. Of course I like the NBS for the Tahoe. But, I don't like the headlights on the Yukon. They just don't look right!

Can't wait!

What color is your Z?

We are the proud owners of a 2008 LT3 Z71, also. It was just delivered to the dealership Friday. Christy is loving it, we've already burned out a tank and a half of gas. This Z71 is our 4th Tahoe, 3rd Z71 :cool2: .

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rollin Thunder, we're about the same age I'm 23. I wouldn't buy a Range Rover. I just sold my 2007 Range Rover (not Supercharged). It was going to be a money pit. It was in the shop all the time. One thing after another. I paid 78k for it new in 3/07 and lost a good chunk of that when I sold it last month. The things are badass, but they don't drive any better than a Tahoe and don't hold up.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
What color is your Z?

We are the proud owners of a 2008 LT3 Z71, also. It was just delivered to the dealership Friday. Christy is loving it, we've already burned out a tank and a half of gas. This Z71 is our 4th Tahoe, 3rd Z71 :cool2: .

Yeah I absolutely in love with the body style and all that the Tahoe offers, other than some interior refinements and a bump in horse power, I don't know what else they could do with it.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I absolutely in love with the body style and all that the Tahoe offers, other than some interior refinements and a bump in horse power, I don't know what else they could do with it.

The seats don't fit my back quite as well as the old body style, but yeah I love this new body style. The new DIC features that they added from 04 to 08 are pretty cool, too. One of my pet peves on my 04 is that it says "CHECK TIRE PRESSURE" but it doesn't say which tire. They solved that problem for the new body.

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the clean look of the new body style more than the previous version, that is what made me get my Yukon :thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seats don't fit my back quite as well as the old body style, but yeah I love this new body style. The new DIC features that they added from 04 to 08 are pretty cool, too. One of my pet peves on my 04 is that it says "CHECK TIRE PRESSURE" but it doesn't say which tire. They solved that problem for the new body.

i hate that, mine also says sirvice tire monitor right now, but nothing is wrong, they all read me my pressure.

thanks for the tip on the land rover, i think im gunna wait for a while ( like 6 months) and wind up buying a tahoe. :thumbsup:

the one thing i would love them to do with the yukon is put the sierra front end on. THAT WOULD ROCK.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hate that, mine also says sirvice tire monitor right now, but nothing is wrong, they all read me my pressure.

thanks for the tip on the land rover, i think im gunna wait for a while ( like 6 months) and wind up buying a tahoe. :thumbsup:

the one thing i would love them to do with the yukon is put the sierra front end on. THAT WOULD ROCK.

Mine did the same thing last year, it said 'service tire monitor' but if a tire got low it would still say check tire pressure. They just replaced all my monitors under warranty and it hasn't done it since.

That would look pretty damn nice. Dude, go for the Z71, I was a little bit hesitant because it doesn't have the woodgrain interior and doesn't ride quite as nice, but the thing has really been growing on me ever since I picked it up. It's bad @$$, I'm kinda wishing it was mine and not Christy's :yesnod:.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Chevy: i love the way the new ones look - but i still like the way my 98 looked!!

cant stand the yukons front end too much lights... haha

but the esky sure does look good! :zav:

still love my hoe tho!

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Chevy: i love the way the new ones look - but i still like the way my 98 looked!!

cant stand the yukons front end too much lights... haha

but the esky sure does look good! :zav:

still love my hoe tho!

Easy on the Kon owners here!!! we are all cousins, so don't start a war among family!! :smilielol: :gy:

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy on the Kon owners here!!! we are all cousins, so don't start a war among family!! :smilielol: :gy:

Ha ha, I'll go easy on yall. I hate the front end of the Yukon, but I like the back of it better than the Tahoe. I think the big Chevy emblem on the back is a little bit overdone. Put the Yukon rear end and an Escalade interior on a Tahoe and you've got it perfect :D .

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am only saying I prefer the Tahoe style, they are all still a Tahoe at hart.

think you gots it backwards, gmc has been around longer than chevy. :cool2:

but i like the yukon, but i dont love it, i LOVE the Sierra and tahoe/suburban, but HATE the yukon/silverado front end, but if someone handed me the keys i would take it in a heart beat. now if somebody handed me the keys of a new tundra i would laugh so hard my sides would split then just walk away. :smilielol: :eek:

Mystic_angeleyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love the new body styles. I wouldn't have a Tahoe if they hadn't came out with this body style. I seen it in Autoweek mag. i new i had to have it! If it wasn't for the body style i'd have something else!