How many miles on 1 tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the denalis are all time awd and i guess it does make a difference... it doesnt seem like boost gets as bad milage as i do, but he does have more work done to his nali then i do....
Not this week, I'll be lucky to get 250 miles :D

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap I've been standing on it everywhere lately and still got 340 out of this tank mostly city. I guess I do get some decent mileage with all the mods, bumping up the tire pressure a bit helped some as well.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 100 all the way to work today I said screw it lately with 91 @ $1.55 but I haven't checked mileage in awhile. I did quite a few wot runs through first and second this week too.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Son if a b!tch!!! Either I need to learn how to drive normal…….. or there is something seriously wrong with my 5.3. I have NEVER done better than 260 on a tank.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol don't know what to say dude, maybe it's the chevy gods being sad with you for manifesting a false supersport :smilielol:

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OUCH!
Actually you might be onto something there…….. it does get about the same mileage as my 396….

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha. but srsly I'd check your tire pressure and change your damn fuel filter. I must have picked up a solid 10mi/tank when I changed mine. Oh and get some fresh plugs and gap em to .040, tune would really help too.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filter is new (sucked to replace BTW, love fuel that’s under pressure) plugs and wires are new but for the life of me I can’t remember what I gapped them at………. It’s .035 for coil and .040 for h.e.i. right? I can’t believe I would have messed that up.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I made the mistake of not depressurizing the system, next time I change it will be with the bigger fuel pump. I should really make a thread about how to depressurize the fuel line cuz getting gas all over your arm sucks balls.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 question I forgot to ask was, what octane is everyone using? I had been using 85 (regular) the whole time. I ck'd the owner's manual today and it says to use at least 87 (mid grade here). I filled up with mid today, so we'll see how that changes. Although, I've always heard that in high altitudes like CO, you can drop to a lower octane fuel?

I drove on the fuel light for about 9 miles, and filled up with 21.444 galllons.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to the lack of oxygen you can run a lower octane up here, I always fill with 91 or higher cuz the truck will run much better. Costco gas ftw.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He he, yeah! Costco gas prices is the shizzy. I always screw up when I go though. I never carry cash, and they don't take checks at the fill up station and I don't feel like going back in to prepay for gas.

Maaaaaaybeee next time.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive mine like I stole it, in stop & go city traffic. Before the intake I was looking at 275 per tank. After, I get about 325. I'll take it, since I only drive 9 miles to work. :)

BH

50 miles a tank with just a k&n, clearly my drop in isnt doin the trick!!

2000tahoe

Reaction score
This tank is no where like i had before BUT every morning i let it sit for 20 minutes and run till its warm so ideling time kills it.But i need to have it warm for my kid,especially today its like 7 with wind chill.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a big difference in MPG between 1500rpm and 1800rpm. I've measured 30-40% decrease on my 04 Hoe.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This tank is no where like i had before BUT every morning i let it sit for 20 minutes and run till its warm so ideling time kills it.But i need to have it warm for my kid,especially today its like 7 with wind chill.

That is about the only reason I'd let my truck sit in idle for so long. Isn't it bad to warm up the truck in idle? I've read/heard that it's best to turn on the vehicle and drive slow and easy until the engine warms up. That's what I do, but for my kid, I'd definitely let it idle til warm.