How many 'wheel' their Tahoes and Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many of you take these off road? It seems to me that the weight would be somewhat of an issue and ground clearance would be another. The power would be a blessing though! What type of wheeling do you do? Are we talking fire trails, any rock crawling, mudding? Please trust me, I'm not bashing here, just curious. I'm from the old school and wheel my 87 4Runner and 69 CJ5. I'm used to smaller with shorter wheel base. Plus, it would be really hard for me to take a $40K rig out in the desert or up in the mountains and get some pin striping ala mother nature. More power to you guys who dirty them up though! Post some pics of your outings! Here are my toys.. :cool:

jeep.jpg

dside.jpg

frontsideyuk.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i took my 06 offroad in mud all the time, and sand (deep) but i dont my 07 since its 2wd.

I bought a grand cherokee for that job

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once or twice

I've gotten my hoe dirty once or twice! I mostly do sand dunes. I haven't been "wheelin" in a while.

Attachments

• 100_1120.jpg
    100_1120.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_1039.jpg
    100_1039.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 15

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet you had ATON of fun cleaning it afterwards:D

That was the frist and last time "the Beast" has been in the mud. I hate mud! I could have gone around the puddle but I thought it was "dry enough" to cross. the picture was taken after I made it through the mud looking back.

Attachments

• 100_1118.jpg
    100_1118.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 22

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first week I had it I did take it to the hills. Nothing too wild, but I couldn't resist making it climb a little bit. Funny I kept it in 2WD the whole time because of the break in suggestions, but it was fine with what was out there. I admit I am hesitant to push it though, I want to build a beater for that. But I will take this one off road any chance I get.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it out at least once a month for shooting and camping. Nothing crazy, gravel roads and trails that are wide enough with managable rocks/obstacles. As big as the truck is, it does pretty good on fairly steep and fairly loose trails. I think the weight, stock locker, and 4.10 gear help :).

Yeah, the rig is pretty new and I do not want to put "pin strips" on it yet. More clearance would be nice. I was looking at the CCM 2.5" spacer. I couple of folks on this forum are using them. I am wondering if there any topping out issues.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i took my 2wd in some mud today, not much but enough to turn off the traction control , mash the peddle and have some fun in the mud. LOL got an incredible rain storm today, me and some buddies went to a concert (rascall flatts and taylor swift, incredible, I even got my CD signed my taylor her self, if ya dont belive me ask and i will post pics of it) any way we got there early as we like to goof off, anyway we decided to park in a big mud hole insted of where every body else was, so we pulled in found there were no cars and i turned off TC and just had a blast, donuts, kicking mud 20ft behind us. IF i had a sled i would have hooked it up and we would have gone mud surfing, this new yukon is proveing it self to me every day. anyway, hear is some of the aftermath, I tried to wash some off with my garden hose, bit it only got the loose stuff off the doors, the rest is gunna need my pressure washer and a sprinker under truck. Dont let my horrible picture takeing spoil the moment:cryin:

ITS DIRTY AND I CANT STAND IT

MUD.jpg

MUD7.jpg

MUD4.jpg

MUD6.jpg

MUD8.jpg