How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, im very nervous about me doing this on my own and effin something major up- but i'll give it a go... Im going to run hid lows and highs- even tho i dont ever think i'll really use my highs... but i wanna still have my flash- and i dont want it looking odd with halogen highs and HID lows...

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want the higs to turn on with the lows?!? Is this even remotely legal?!? You will not be able to turn off the highs without going total dark.

The easy way is to use a diode between the wires by the bulb. This will lead current from the lows to the highs.

The NRA is a fine organisation. The USA really need more gun-crazed maniacs running around shooting people at random. :D[/QUOTE

Im pretty sure that it works like this..

the lows work as normal, along with the fogs..hit the button to turn them on..but when you want the highs, they all come on..all it is is brighter HIGHS...the lows stay the same..its as simple as clicking the lever to turn it off, just like normal

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I know where that Highs turning off the lows comment came from, maybe a misunderstanding.

Allow my to re present my question, can anything be shorted out in the install process if the diods touch metal or wire or something like that?

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in doing this under the hood, and doing this under the steering coulmn so it seems is the other place to do it... Which is safer? Which is faster? Which is easier?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in doing this under the hood, and doing this under the steering coulmn so it seems is the other place to do it... Which is safer? Which is faster? Which is easier?

easier, and faster underthe hood. Just as safe no matter where you do it.

stingray

Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing this mod but,haven't taken the time to look and figure it out. Thanks looks simple enough.

theBarzeen

Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing this mod but,haven't taken the time to look and figure it out. Thanks looks simple enough.

Took me one read-through and 10 minutes in the radio shack parking lot.

This thread has kept me entertained for hours though.... :smiley-face-popcorn

Eric_H_E

Reaction score
did this last year and loved it, then one night in the rain driving to work, I lost my lows all I had was 4 high. Pulled over and pulled relays and took out diode, and my lights worked as normal.

when I installed the diode, I had trouble getting the relays to seat well in the sockets. I just re did the 4 high and used theses

was much easer to reinstall the relays this :peace:

cannot post picts :sad72::confused::help:

any way I used a fuse tapper kit

it was easier to reinstall the relays with the fuse tap because it was thinner the the legs of the diode. the I put crimp on connectors on the diode and all is good

Last edited: