How well do Tahoes hold up past 100K? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '04 I haven't driven the '07 enough to even notice. When you turn the heat on without the snowflake doesn't it automatically just blow at your feet?

mine automatcily blows at my feet no matter where it is set, i just push the button til i get to my head, whether i have it set at 85 or 65.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had problems with GM's power windows since my first GM WITH power windows :smilielol: . The first one I had with PW's was a 1991 Buick Lesabre (company car) and they always seem to go around the 100k mark on all of the GM's that I have kept that long. It's strange, they've had 20 years to fix it!

Try a 1977 Corvette with PW. Replaced everything in that car - motor, actuators, switches, and finally the ENTIRE HARNESS.

Still had intermittent issues with them about a year after replacing the harness. Needless to say, I got seriously pissed off :)

So more than 30 years ;)

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
196k, put a fuel pump in 20k ago, had a front hub go out about 10k ago, and some problem with the emissions system near the fuel tank. Other than me running into a guard rail a couple times its still going strong. I just cleaned out the throttle body with carb cleaner a few days ago to solve a dying problem when turning around, stopping, etc, and now it runs like a new truck again. Burns no oil, trans is fine, great truck.

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump for quote - where and how many of these points are in the Hoe?

They are on all joints of your front suspension. Remove your front wheels to get at them all and have the truck on jack stands. They are on your upper/lower ball joints, steering linkage, etc. usually you have to clean all of the old grease off around them to get at the zerks as they get covered up from sludge.

If you DONT know what a grease zerk is, I suggest...having a friend who does know take you.....to a john deere dealership to look at some tractors. Every metal on metal joint will have a zerk on it, unless it is sealed, such as......my mustang's ball joints, urgh. its been a couple months since i have greased mine so I dont recall how many there are off hand, you just have to look. Usually wherever there is grease buildup, there is a zerk. They arent hard to find, or get to.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove your front wheels to get at them all and have the truck on jack stands. They are on your upper/lower ball joints, steering linkage, etc. usually you have to clean all of the old grease off around them to get at the zerks as they get covered up from sludge.

If you get a grease gun that has a flexible hose end you can get to them all without removing the wheels. Man there is tons of room under the Tahoe compared to all the other cars I've worked on up to this point - I didn't even have to lift the vehicle to do the last oil change/lube. Just have to get on the ground and crawl in from under the front bumper and look for all those zerks/fittings. I found 10 last time I was under there.

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the flex style grease gun as well, however its just easier to remove the tires. I dont like having to work around stuff, and removing the tires takes 1 minute. I like room to work, besides, if one of your zerks check balls sieze and all the grease starts shooting back out, its hard to get the checkball reset with a metal pick if your tires are on and you dont have the truck up in the air enough to move around working on it ;)

I do this to prevent headaches:D

asmith001

Reaction score
Well, after scanning thru the thread... it looks like I've got everyone beat as far as mileage goes. I just bought a 2001 Yukon about a month ago. It has 233,000 miles on it. The body is near perfect, and the interior is in great shape (husky liners from front to back). I bought it from the company I work for. It has been a company vehicle since it was new in 2001. It was driven all over the south daily, all highway miles. All fluids were changed regularly, and all other maintenance was done as needed. Seems to be a great vehicle, especially since I paid 5K for it. The only major repairs done on it include a new transmission, upper plenum and lower intake replacement, and a new fuel pump. Just had the front wheel bearings replaced and getting the rear brakes done soon. Everything else seems to be fine. Anyone have any suggestions for other things to check out?

djtecthreat

Reaction score
Well, after scanning thru the thread... it looks like I've got everyone beat as far as mileage goes. I just bought a 2001 Yukon about a month ago. It has 233,000 miles on it.

Maybe for Tahoe/Yukons.

My suburban was well into the 300K's when i let it go and I posted that.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy has an 01 duramax dually with almost 600k on the stock motor, gm builds some reliable stuff gas or diesel.

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reliable vehicles..

bought mine with 68k, now has 94k. no problems at all, everything still feels nice and tight and the thing still moves with ease when you get on the pedal.

Pops has a 02 Denali xl with about 110k and it looks like he just drove it off the showroom floor. 22's, flowmaster exhaust, its clean as a whistle. (yes im jealous) : )

Brother in law also has an 02 Z71 with about 75k, also has held up great.

REDYUKON

Reaction score
Just purchased 01 Yukon w/ 134k miles

I used to have 01 Denali, 02 Avalanche, 04 Hummer, and now, I went back to Yukon. The reason I bought this truck is that it is one lady owner's grocery getter. Everything is spotless except the rear wiper motor is not working, but that is $70 part work. Drives excellent, rides nice, and most of all, I know how safe these vehicles are.

cc53fd

Reaction score
70 k on a 01 but now i got a stupid po446 code other than that it runs like a ox .Tow a 6k pound trailer every weekend with 2 kayaks on the roof and get about 14-15 gpm

tizurk

Reaction score
i've got 219,000 on my 1998 hoe and still runs like a champ

Landshark57

Reaction score
That's good to hear. Just traded in my 2nd landrover disco II for a 04 Tahoe this weekend.

I'm a slow learner I guess seeing how at 100k both Disco's blew head gaskets.

Now if I can get a few kids through college and the wife a sedan, once there is less need for seating, I can have fun and build this thing up.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess me mentioning that my tranny dropped out at 60 k ...but then again it was a cop truck so they probably drove the sh*t out of it :) other than that i love the truck so far got 62k on her

5.3THOE

Reaction score
I've Got An 04 With About 94k On It. Alls I Do Is Change The Oil. In The Next Couple Of Weeks I'll Be Doing A Brake Upgrade Along With A Couple Of Other Things.