If you are thinking about an intake....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Last-Call

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just installed a K&N intake, with a thotlebody spacer. I am so pissed I waited this long to buy on. It is night a day with response, and you do not need to get into the gas when trying to pass. It feels so much smoother when takinging off from a stop light. The sheets say that the intake will give you 15-18 WHP and the spacer the same. I will be putting the truck on a dyno soon to get the real #'s.

It took a little time and messing around but man is it worth it. I took a few pics fot you guys as well.

Here is the stock mess of intake.....
143-4383_IMG.jpg

This is what it look's like when it's all done
143-4379_IMG.jpg

These are the holes it sucks air from in the air box
143-4384_IMG.jpg

This is where the air has to get though before it makes it into you motor
143-4385_IMG.jpg

Now it has so much more area to suck air
143-4382_IMG.jpg

This is the TB spacer
143-4376_IMG.jpg

These are the little PITA screws you have to remove and replace
143-4378_IMG.jpg

Here is the TB spacer in it's new home.
143-4380_IMG.jpg

Note, you have to trim the fan shroud and the tip of the fan blades if you run the intake and spacer...Yeah they don't tell you that.
143-4381_IMG.jpg

So get off your wallet and buy this stuff, it was the best 265 bucks I have spent on the truck.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what, you spent 265 on all of this??? I thought the intake alone would be that much.. Where did you steal that stuff from sounds like a good deal!! and
It looks real good but how much fun did you have with the fan blades?

Last-Call

Reaction score
We have a truck parts store here in Elk River and he always has the best prices around. The fan took 10 mins to trim the blades with a side cuter. I will have an update on gas mileage maybe this weekend.

Zach