interior question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fmurphy1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to put a center console from the 00-06 tahoe into the 95-99? It looks like it would fit perfectly but I don't know. If it is possible I think it would completely transform the front of the car. Tell me what ya'll think.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha thats a good question.. it would look pretty cool but i have no idea.. pics are always good..

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we need a pic of an 00-06 center console.... it sounds like it could be cool, but to be honest, I dont really know what it looks like.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im taking some pictures of my 2004 silverado in about 5 min.. lol.. ill be back on here..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with seeing my silverado and taking a closer look, the top part of it (look at pics) looks a little crooked and not straight like "our" dash. im not sure if the distances and suich make it ill take some measurements if anyone really thinks its going to work.. well heres the silverado. it may may not be different then the tahoe. im not sure

After looking on ebay at tahoes. there seems to be 2 different consoles that you could have in these.. idk guys whatcha think about it???

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.
What is that screen under the cig lighter? is that some nav unit or something?

The rear seat area looks similar. but the lines in the fornt, I wonder if that would work with our dashs.
Also I notice that the vents in the back seat come out of the console. On my 99, I think the heat vents come out of the floow area right near the seat mounting bolt.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats a nav and dvd player.. well im sure u could make the heater vents on the old one and connect it with a tube or something to the new console one.. yeah im not sure man.. u want more pictures?? i would take it out of my silverado but that nav and everything is such a pain and all those wires. id rather not..

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, thats pretty sweet looking. For me, swapping out the console would be totally cool. but total pain in the arse. It seems beyond my technical prowess. :)

I think the heater vents you could leave them alone in a 99 and just make the new console heater vents into dummies. Or put airfresheners in there or something. :D But thats cool.

I bet the wiring underneath there is a total mess. It would probably take a team of electronices gurus to figure that out.

Pete

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you swap yours, send me yours... i like the denali/escalade console alot better than the yukon/tahoe - the newer ones, look a little weird at the bottom, not so sure if they would work or not.. n making it all connect to our dashes.. well thats gonna take some fab work.. but, i'm sure you could make some brackets.. and it would work.. just make sure it is tight when you put it in - ebay sells them w/ out the rear radio controls, it just has a pocket in that spot - bad thing about the newer consoles, is the cup holder location in the back its on the floor - unlike ours - which is on the top

--edit--

also note that our floor heat comes out right where the new style console would meet into our dashes..

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thats a good point. maybe the heat vent feeds from the front.

I think that its do-able, but a pain. My rear seat heater controls are near that cup holder too. so that has to stay operational somehow.

Maybe the rear console cup holders are better at the bottom, cause if theres a spill of some kind, it wouldnt fry the switches below it? I dunno.

Man I just want a new 07 suburban or tahoe.

skimo

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good looking aftermarket floor console for 97 Tahoe 2dr by chance? Thanks