Jet Performance Stage 2 Chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlz71

Reaction score
I paid 350; I decided to go with this vs. a chip or mail order tune - mainly because this place was local and I got to see it on the dyno!!! There is no fee - if I need to get it re-programmed.

dlz71

Reaction score
btw - I forgot to mention mine was on 87 octane.

Scott - please define - "same power upgrades..." I looked at the dyno numbers posted by edge and they aren't the same in my book.

Looking at Edge's posted dyno sheet - my initial run on the dyno (before the tune) - was better than the extreme setting that the edge got (now - this could be due to my exhaust / intake). More specifically - my torque numbers (after my tune) are 275 starting at 2500 rpm - and go up to 298 at 4000 - if you look at the posted dyno sheet for the edge (torque 225 at 3250 rpm - barely above 250 up to 4500) - that's not even close!!!

The other reason I decided to go custom vs. a chip/programmer - is 1) I did not want to deal with any progam unit or going out and looking for software updates...; 2) The guy who did mine has tuned like 2000 gm vehicles; 3) I got to see mine on the dyno - not a manufacturer's dyno sheet;

Just my two cents...

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Custom is always 1000x better than any over the counter tune because every truck runs different then the other. Get a tune from justin at blackbear, you will be amazed at what he can do with efi live and some good datalogging. He also travels around doing custom tunes so some of you guys might be able to have him tune it on the spot. I've seen 30+hp and 40+tq from just a tune, plus all the torque management that he can remove and the tuning on the trans will make the truck drive sooo much nicer. For a basic plug and play programmer the edge or superchips is sweet and I'll always keep my superchips for scanning, its just that no programmer can remove torque management or get into the fuel/timing/ve/etc that a real tune provides. All this talk about tunes has got me pissed, I think I'll order mine up today and wait on the stereo.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dlz71: what do you do when you take your car to the dealer? according to superchips, you have to return it to stock tune, because they may run an update of it, and if you dont have it stock, that might mess up your computer!!!

dlz71

Reaction score
dlz71: what do you do when you take your car to the dealer? according to superchips, you have to return it to stock tune, because they may run an update of it, and if you dont have it stock, that might mess up your computer!!!

ventu71 - The shop that did my tune - said that they would return it to the stock tune for free (whenever needed) and then re-program it with my tune afterwards for free. If that happens - it should be pretty painless - because they are less than a mile from the dealer.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys I bought the Jet Pefromance Stage 2 "chip" about a month ago. I purchased it from www.autoanything.com for $235. it took about 1 business days to arrive. The install was very simple, although I was sent the wrong instructions. the whole installation process took about 5-10 mintues.

When I installed the "pcm chip" I had about 1/2 a tank of 87 octane and notice a very small increase in throttle response, was not too impressed with it but I didn't get any engine "ping" even with lower octane gas under heavy accleration, with my hypertech programmer I did experience pinging even with 91 octane. A couple of days went by and I filled up with 91 octane. Boy did I notice a difference even with my big ass 35 inch tires! I was very impressed becuase I was planning on returning it after trying it out for a cuople of weeks. I have towed my atv's and the power is there when I need it. As far as improveing gas milage I can't tell becuase I can't keep my foot off of it. this chip has giving me increase throttle response as far as real numbers I have none but I can honsetly say that there was an increase in ponies. For $200 its well worth the money. I can only imagine what it'll do to a Tahoe with stock size tires!