just did a lq4 swap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tornadomaker

Reaction score
Just did an lq4 swap on my 01 kept the stock trans engines bone stock except for tune from Texas speed. I sent b.b. an email and had no response so I went the other route. Truck runs great everything was straight forward minus broken manifold bolt I broke extractor off in head so used a doorman clamp with great success! The power difference is substantial mid range to top end I expected a little more down low but it made a huge difference overall. Next up is to install the 4l80e I have in the garage.

bigdaddy38

Reaction score
lw4 swap

You are talking bout the 6.0 right I have a 01 that I will be doing what all do I need

tornadomaker

Reaction score
Yeah, 6.0...you'll need an L's engine lift bracket don't waste time using chains...used chains to remove old engine and lift plate to install new engine. Its well worth the 60.00! Gonna need new collector and exhaust manufold gaskets, exhaust manifold bolts, fluids. I removed passenger side manifold to access starter, flywheel bolts, and a/c bracket. Take pictures of engine from all angles prior to removal so you can route harness back to factory. Bag and tag all mounting bolts and hardware. I sent my PCM to Texas speed for a midgrade tune and egr delete, had them keep some torque management so I don't fry trans right away. The tune is VERY conservative and the truck still hauls! Nothing else is needed, its a direct bolt in,but I will suggest doing an lq9 (6.0) swap if you can get a good deal on one for more power to start.

bigdaddy38

Reaction score
lq4

Thanks I have the engine already I'll just gather up the rest will the 4l60 trans hold up to the added power