Just Got One... Without a Navi CD!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p26963

Reaction score
I just purchased a graystone metallic LTZ 2007 Tahoe with ebony interior, captain chairs, RES, and navigation. I'm really happy with everything... except for the fact that my 'hoe did NOT come with a Navigation disc. The dealer tells me they don't have any and they are on backorder at GM.

Is there anyway to somehow contact GM to get one? Or is there any other way to get one? I would have thought that they would come with the Tahoe or that they could pull one off of any vehicle. No go.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

p26963

Reaction score
I'm shocked... and a bit disappointed too.

I was hoping to use the navi on an upcoming trip to the beach.

Anyone? :confused2:

tahoenut07

Reaction score
NO Nav?

I can't believe that. Your telling me that your dealer does not have a single 07 Tahoe, Suburban or Avalanche with a NAV system? Worst case, burn a copy from a friend until they get them for you.

You might want to call another dealer and find out what they say about the order time.

p26963

Reaction score
Agreed... With all of the Tahoes with Nav, none of them have the CD. Unfortunately the dealer did not move mountains. I'll take your suggestion and see if another dealer has it. In the meantime I don't have a friend that has the CD to burn on. I even asked if the dealer had a "backup" for exactly this type of situation. Nothing.

Is there any phone number for GM that I could call?

p26963

Reaction score
I found some more information on the NAV disc...

For those wanting to order a NAV disc, you can do so at the following URL:

https://www.gmnavdisc.com

I guess if you buy a new Chevy you get 2 free upgrades. I'll make sure the dealer orders my first one so that it does not count toward my 2 freebies. ;-)

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old CD

I have the first one that came with mine you can have for shipping. I don't know what is missing off of it compared to the new one but your welcome to it.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a graystone metallic LTZ 2007 Tahoe with ebony interior, captain chairs, RES, and navigation. I'm really happy with everything... except for the fact that my 'hoe did NOT come with a Navigation disc. The dealer tells me they don't have any and they are on backorder at GM.

Is there anyway to somehow contact GM to get one? Or is there any other way to get one? I would have thought that they would come with the Tahoe or that they could pull one off of any vehicle. No go.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In another forum, it was stated that each truck with nav is shipped w/ a DVD. There's no backorder on them. Tell the dealer to either find it or take it out of one on the lot.

p26963

Reaction score
I tried that and they said they had none. I finally found the number to the GM Nav Disc Center and made sure that the dealer called them. Supposedly one has been rush ordered. I'm expecting it by Friday. Another reason not to like car dealers. :-/

p26963

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I hope to have mine in the next few days. :)

I have the first one that came with mine you can have for shipping. I don't know what is missing off of it compared to the new one but your welcome to it.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that and they said they had none. I finally found the number to the GM Nav Disc Center and made sure that the dealer called them. Supposedly one has been rush ordered. I'm expecting it by Friday. Another reason not to like car dealers. :-/

I guess one could test drive one with a working nav and take it's DVD. :giggling:

p26963

Reaction score
Still awaiting a Nav DVD. :nonod: Supposedly expedited shipment from the GM Nav Disc Center takes 7-10 business days. Now that's expediting if I ever saw it. :nonod:

I can't believe the dealer doesn't have any. The salesman I worked with tried to swipe one from a new car coming in and wasn't lucky. Don't know how hard he tried. It seems that since I bought the car no one wants to even follow-up anymore. Tuesday it will be 2 weeks without one. :nono:

Wait until that survey comes in the mail. I'll give the dealer a good heads up about my negative responses.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one on sale on Ebay. Maybe yours?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still awaiting a Nav DVD. :nonod: Supposedly expedited shipment from the GM Nav Disc Center takes 7-10 business days. Now that's expediting if I ever saw it. :nonod:

I can't believe the dealer doesn't have any. The salesman I worked with tried to swipe one from a new car coming in and wasn't lucky. Don't know how hard he tried. It seems that since I bought the car no one wants to even follow-up anymore. Tuesday it will be 2 weeks without one. :nono:

Wait until that survey comes in the mail. I'll give the dealer a good heads up about my negative responses.

Call the dealer principal (the owner or the general manager) of your dealership and tell him that you want your nav dvd now! Unless this is a very small dealership with no other units with nav in stock you will get the disk! A dealership removes these dvds and stores them with the books to the unit in a file with that vehicles stock number. Obviously somebody has borrowed/stolen the one for your unit and they can do the same for you from another unit. Don't call the salesman or the sales manager call the general manager and or owner (you won't get thru to the owner but you will get his secretary which is just as good). Call first and ask the operator for the names of the owner and the general manager, then call back and ask directly for that person. I know what I am talking about as I spent 35 years in dealerships!

p26963

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. That's what I intend on doing first thing tomorrow. This has gone on long enough.

Call the dealer principal (the owner or the general manager) of your dealership and tell him that you want your nav dvd now! Unless this is a very small dealership with no other units with nav in stock you will get the disk! A dealership removes these dvds and stores them with the books to the unit in a file with that vehicles stock number. Obviously somebody has borrowed/stolen the one for your unit and they can do the same for you from another unit. Don't call the salesman or the sales manager call the general manager and or owner (you won't get thru to the owner but you will get his secretary which is just as good). Call first and ask the operator for the names of the owner and the general manager, then call back and ask directly for that person. I know what I am talking about as I spent 35 years in dealerships!

p26963

Reaction score
Well a call to the general manager for the dealership resulted in a Nav DVD a couple of hours later. Thanks for the advice again.

drtoney

Reaction score

Andy4639

I am interested in it if you still have it to offer.