Keyless Entry remote Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of warranty there is on the 2007 up keyless transmitter for the keyless entry system?

My keypad is working but all the symbols are worn off of the keypad buttons and I was told that this will be covered from GM.

I went to the dealer and he told me the only way it would be covered is if the remote didn't work anymore. I can easily open the remote and mess something up to make the remote stop working, but doe's anyone know if they will warranty the pad for wear? If so then I would rather do it that way then brake the remote and wait for them to order another.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I doubt they'll cover that unless its broke... the lock button on my remote is worn off and has nothing there so its just Grey, but since its completely off it doesn't bother me like it would if their was some left over, and since the others are fine I was thinking its like that because it kind of extrudes from the other buttons which depress inwards!
Plus I plan on buying the remote start kit soon so its all good until that one rubs off, then I might be mad.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new one w/ wear off just like the original. That's why they put tactile bumps and depressions on the buttons.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the better keyless entry remote system anyways.. the lcd unit.