Leak In Cabin...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gforce

Reaction score
Leak In Cabin... (Updated w/ Fix)

So I'm driving home tonight and we hear a wierd sloshing sound comming from the dash area. At the time I have the AC on in the front as well in the back. We could only hear the sound when making a turn so naturally I decided to make the truck go in circles in a parking lot. After making a few tight left turns I hear my Girlfriend tell me her feet are getting wet. I pulled the mat up on her side to find the carpet was soaked.

I don't know what the deal was but needless to say I'm not pleased. I just came from a truck with a leaking moon roof and believe me cars that have water problems usually don't smell all that good after a while. Anyone out there even heard of something like this? I only have a little over 2500 on her and now this.

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the evaporator drain vent(s) are clogged and need to be opened up to let the condensate out.

Gforce

Reaction score
Feels like it too. It sounds like there is a fish tank under the dash. And when I hit my exit this morning it did drain out...... on my foot!!

On top of that I don't know if it's related to the water problem but when I turn left I get a really odd sound coming from the right front side tire area. Sounds almost like sand coming off the tire and hitting the wheel well. I'll be heading to the dealer later today.

Gforce

Reaction score
By the Way any one know where this drain is located? I'll fix it myself if I can....

Update:

Never mind I found it and fixed it....

Last edited:

Gforce

Reaction score
I attached some pic's for the DIY crowd.

First pic is the water in the cabin.

Next is the drain located near the front driver side wheel well.

Then the water that came out!

If you have this problem jack up the passenger side so that you can get under the truck.

Locate the black rubber hose near the firewall and front passenger side wheel well. If you have some compressed air blow a light stream into the hose.

Now if you want to learn from my mistakes make sure that you are out of the way of the hose after you hit it with a shot of air or prepare for a shower....

That should about do it thanx for any help!!

Attachments

• DSCN0238.jpg
    DSCN0238.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN0244.jpg
    DSCN0244.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0241.jpg
    DSCN0241.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 49

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed. What clogged it?

BTW be sure and get the carpet and backing dried out good before it mildews. Bad, bad smell then.

Cooper33

Reaction score
Thanks

Glad I found this thread, I've been searching for the drain for 2 days. It might have helped if I had the elbow and drain hose. Since I had the wheel well liner removed, it was easy to get too.