Lets see your drop on 24's or lifted on 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im hoping that my truck sells here in a month or so and i will be starting work on the tahoe..

Im planning on some 24" Boss 330s, 3/5 drop, Cam, longtubes with duals, Double din, 2 18's possiblly, color matched rear bumper, re-tint, debadge etc...

I want to see some pictures of tahoes on 24's..

also its still in my mind that i want to lift it too..

6" lift, 35" mud grapplers, 20" Halo rims, gears, locker etc..that would be the more expensive route, and it would hurt my mpg more and more wear on the truck..also wouldnt be any more motor mods if i went this route since everything is move expensive..

show me your lifted tahoes as well..

thanks guys..heres what im at now.

DSCN0271.jpg

tahoeroof2.jpg

CIMG4321.jpg

CIMG4322.jpg

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I love dropped tahoe's, I say lift it Nick! Have you ever done a lifted vehicle? Or only dropped vehicles?

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had 2 lowered trucks..a 92 silverago 3/4 on 22's then my bagged truck..

I really want to lift it, but i dont want to spent the entire amount that i get from my bagged truck. it will be about 2200 for wheels and tires, then 400 for the drop..another 1-1.5k for a system..

lifting will cost me at least double that to make me happy..idk i could go with a mild lift, but im not sure if id be happy with it..i do like the look of this..does anyone know the specs on it? if i could get away with a body lift, ford keys, a little crank and some coil spacers and get this look, i would do it
2_143.jpg

4_566.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
^^^ That's a nice truck^^^. Sorry I can't offer any advice on which way to go. I like both when done right. These trucks look good both lifted and dropped, so I guess you can't go wrong either way.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ That's a nice truck^^^. Sorry I can't offer any advice on which way to go. I like both when done right. These trucks look good both lifted and dropped, so I guess you can't go wrong either way.

how have you liked having the 3/5 drop on 24's? what size tires are you running? 305/35/24?

was it necessary to upgrade to the Big brake kit right away? I know my 22's on my other truck could use it..

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here man, I like them both either way. I think with keys and coil spacers it should look pretty tuff looking. Personally for me, I'm leaning towards the way kandywhips Hoe is looking. I like that look for my Kon.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I have my Kon on 285's tires on 16 inchers. Stock height. I guess it would be easy for me to go the way of keys and spacers but I've always like the idea of having 4WD and riding low. haha

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
how have you liked having the 3/5 drop on 24's? what size tires are you running? 305/35/24?

was it necessary to upgrade to the Big brake kit right away? I know my 22's on my other truck could use it..
I'm running 305/35/24. The ride is stiffer than before because of the sidewall and shorter springs, but not bad enough that my wife doesn't complain. I like it because it handles much better with the stiffer springs, less sidewall flex, and lower CG.
I noticed right away when I put the wheels on that the truck didn't stop like before at highway speeds. Wasn't long after that I installed the big brake kit. Made a nice improvement.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 305/35/24. The ride is stiffer than before because of the sidewall and shorter springs, but not bad enough that my wife doesn't complain. I like it because it handles much better with the stiffer springs, less sidewall flex, and lower CG.
I noticed right away when I put the wheels on that the truck didn't stop like before at highway speeds. Wasn't long after that I installed the big brake kit. Made a nice improvement.

im used to ridin on my 265/35/22's on my bagged truck, so it will not be much of any difference for me..

Where did you get your brake kit from?

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bet that green z71 has 6" or maybe even a 7.5" kit on it. Couldn't you always buy a used lift kit or bargain shop on ebay? Or are you one of those people that has to have everything new out of the box? ;)

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that green one looks like it just has a 3"bl and probably ford keys and spacers
They look good lifted and lowered
Kandy your tahoe looks great

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about trucks, and maybe these Chevy's are different, but when I lifted my Dodge I had more than one person tell me to stay away from body lifts, said it messes with linkages, you can get creaks and stuff because you have separated the body from the frame with the lift kit, etc. IMHO, when a truck is lifted I prefer a smaller rim. I like the oversized rims okay, I just like the smaller ones better. In theory, the reason to lift a truck is to get more ground clearance from the bigger tires for off roading. Sticking with that, it would make sense to have more rubber between your rim and the rocks, not less, that's why I prefer 15's. Yeah, I know, that's pretty much unheard of here. Once again, IMHO, the locker would not be necessarry if you go with the 20's for the reason I just stated. I would think if you were going to do enough serious wheeling to need the lockers you'd also want a bigger not smaller sidewall. But then that's just me. Bottom line, it's nice to hear other opinions, but when it comes right down to it we all do what we like, or at least we should.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drop that sh*t bish, you know lifting it is just gonna wear sh*t out. These trucks look way better lowered and ride the same. I rally the hell out of my truck with the drop, no issues in 25k.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drop that sh*t bish, you know lifting it is just gonna wear sh*t out. These trucks look way better lowered and ride the same. I rally the hell out of my truck with the drop, no issues in 25k.

haha i remember the after pictures from that rallying...ya ya i know..set it up with a 3/5 kit...but first thing i have to get the truck sold