Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that alot of people on here have the HID lights installed. I was curious how strong everyones are and where you got them from. I was on a site that had a 12000k light but from what ive seen nobody has more than 6000k. Any info would be greatly apreciated! Thanks!

Oh and does anybody know where I can get a whole new fog light assembly? I smashed mine out this last winter on some big snow banks and need to get some new ones. Thanks for all the help!

woldd90

Reaction score
the 4300, 6000 and 12000 is not the power, but the color. 4300 is pure white, but as you go up you go from blue to purple.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4300 puts out the most light but looks like a normal halagon, for the preformance and looks of HID 5000k is the best.

01lt_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of aftermarket fog lights from http://autodynamic.com/ I paid $65 for the set $84 with shipping... The stealership wanted $100 for 1...

nofd968

Reaction score
My hid's are 12000k and I love them I got them from JpCustoms.com .

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for all the info guys! Makes my decision a whole lot easier! hopefully this will be my next purchase but i will see if i have enough money after the hoe gets back from the shop, the damn autoride went out on me and im gonna be towing a boat on monday, bad luck i guess!

One more question, you dont use the same kit for highs and lows do you? or does the kit already include both? Thanks again!

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for all the info guys! Makes my decision a whole lot easier! hopefully this will be my next purchase but i will see if i have enough money after the hoe gets back from the shop, the damn autoride went out on me and im gonna be towing a boat on monday, bad luck i guess!

One more question, you dont use the same kit for highs and lows do you? or does the kit already include both? Thanks again!

with a tahoe NO. you get a 9006 lowbeam kit and if you want your highs to be also HID you have to get a 9005 kit. But in cars with duel beam headlights (like my 07 yukon ) the HID kit is more expensive but has both high and low built in to one system. :cool2:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of aftermarket fog lights from http://autodynamic.com/ I paid $65 for the set $84 with shipping... The stealership wanted $100 for 1...

thanks for posting that, i just bought some cool projector headlights for my mustang, only site i can find that just has clean projector headlights and not 50 billion LEDS all over the place.