Long Island, NY BlackBear Tune !!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright everyone, i know i don't have that many posts on this forum but I spoke to JennaBear and was informed that if we can have at least 10 people sign up and make there deposit then we can get the BlackBear Tune done soon.

Everyone post up letting me know if your interested.

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this on GM full size, im hoping it'll gauge some interest..

bigdaddy747

Reaction score
alright everyone, i know i don't have that many posts on this forum but I spoke to JennaBear and was informed that if we can have at least 10 people sign up and make there deposit then we can get the BlackBear Tune done soon.

Everyone post up letting me know if your interested.

Where in Long Island? and approximately when.

I am in CT but have a friend in Long Island and as long as it was a weekend I could be there. He would be interested too.

I am already on Justin's List for a cable tune, but if i could get it done in person that would be sweet.

Thanks

Ryan

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it might even be queens, westchester or north jersey.

if you and your boy are serious, we are now @ 5 people.

once we get 8 people, we should speak with justin and start setting up deposits and a location..

it would definitely be on the weekend and hopefully ASAP

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I let M6 know that you would probably be looking at sometime in April as Justin's schedule is pretty well booked until then. Come up with some dates so I can't lock it in.

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joey, thanks for posting it on gmfullsize site. this is the only forum that i am currently on besides the one for my M6. i'm heading down to rockaway blvd to get my HID's done today. los and fogs. i'll also get the led's installed for my reverse lights, running daytime lights and those hideous amber lights. you find wheels yet? i don't know if i'm going murdered out style or not yet. may do a black lip with chrome and black insert.ß

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joey, thanks for posting it on gmfullsize site. this is the only forum that i am currently on besides the one for my M6. i'm heading down to rockaway blvd to get my HID's done today. los and fogs. i'll also get the led's installed for my reverse lights, running daytime lights and those hideous amber lights. you find wheels yet? i don't know if i'm going murdered out style or not yet. may do a black lip with chrome and black insert.ß

nice choice with the M6, i had a 335 with a lot of engine mods, but someone crashed into me and it was totaled.

im still deciding on wheels, i dont think I'll ever end up getting anything..

chrome and black rims are sick though

JasonS

Reaction score
what exactly do we gain with this blackbear tune.im new to the tahoe thing but have been into cars.i just traded my 04 ford lightning with significant HP for an 07 so im not sure what exactly we gain besides a few HP

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jason, welcome to the Tahoe Forum. i am fairly new to this forum as well.i dont know that much about the blackbear tune but i did a little searching on this website and found some useful info. the post below was a post of 'smoothfrc'

"This is my take on it....

If you get a handheld tuner, it is very generic and can only do a limited amount of things (Generic tunes for different octane levels, tire sizes, shift firmness, etc) And most of these tuners run in the $300 range.

BB also does a non scan mail order tune for $200 which would still be a generic tune - but given they have the experience under their belt with these trucks, I imagine this tune would be more "refined" then the handheld tuners, plus you have the luxury of requesting additional changes to go with any mods you have.

BB also have a "scan" mail order tune, i believe this is for $300. This would involve you hooking up a scanning tool to your truck, driving it around and whatever and sending it back for a more individualized/custom tune for your individual truck. There are all kinds of deposit charges for the equipment and such along with this.

Both of the above BB options would require you to manually remove Your PCM and swap it out with the mail order version. Maybe not a big deal - never had to do it myself.

The benefit to doing a group tuning session in my eyes would be that you wouldnt have to remove your PCM, and Justin would be in the truck Scanning while tuning. I believe this gives him an even better view on how to tune the trucks, and he can adjust the tunes realtime. This may net a similar result to the BB Mailorder SCAN tune - but it also gives you the opportunity to discuss changes realtime with Justin and maybe have a piece of mind that the tune is working while he is present. Plus this option does not require you to fiddle with the scanning software or the additional costs associated ($50 less for the tune, and no hardware deposits)

Another benefit with BB is the free retunes. If you make changes down the line, you can just have those changes made to your tune (Justin stores and back's up all the tunes he performs). I find this to be a great benefit, as i am not the type to make alot of changes at once - but a little here and there.

I guess i have heard some horrific stories about mailorder tunes in the past, and i just like the idea of the tuner physically having his hands on MY truck while he is tuning it.

As for - What does it get you, i think that is all dependant on what it is YOU want. I for one would like a little better MPG - Would like the sensitivity turned DOWN on the V4-V8 switching. (Think it is at 8%? from the factory, would like to try 12%?) And look to Justin for his expert tuning skills to make any other changes he feels are necessary - maybe remove a little of the TQ management, firm up the shifts a little, etc. This may also get me to finally pick up a CAI prior to getting the tune."

-this write up is thanks to smoothfrc... he posted this up elsewhere. hope he doesn't mind

hope that helps

bigdaddy747

Reaction score
Hey me and my buddy are in and there could be one more.

Should I post this on Full Size Chevy too?

I posted above. So this is not two more.

Thanks

Ryan

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go ahead and post on whatever forums you think you can get interest from!

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everyone,

we are working on a group tune in the end of April at someone's shop in Albany. Its a 2hr drive for me and definitely worth it.

If anyone from here is interested, post here or check us out on gmfullsize

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess i can take JoeyRocks off my list :)

Been a little busy lately, so i havent been keeping my post up to date.

Good luck

bigdaddy747

Reaction score
Guess i can take JoeyRocks off my list :)

Been a little busy lately, so i havent been keeping my post up to date.

Good luck

So

1. M6Hoe
2. bigdaddy747
3. bigdaddy747 Friend
4. bigdaddy747 Friend

Is that the list so far??

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.m6hoe
2.bigdaddy747
3.bigdaddy747 friend
4.bigdaddy747 friend
5.m6hoe friend

come on everyone, i know there alot more tahoes, denalis, escalades out there

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we need one more person for a group tune up in Albany.. we are over on GM full size discussing it..

the date would be April 18th..

let us know