Look What I got... 6.0 4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked this bad boy up yesterday '02 6.0L w/ 317 heads attached to a 4L80E, only 68k on it for the amazing price of $1150(Local ebay steal). I will be rebuilding the engine to make sure it's perfect. I will also be tearing down the trans to swap the output shaft to a 4wd and make sure that is perfect. I will most likely be throwing a turbo on it also, so I should be putting down some decent numbers once she's done. HOLY CRAP am I excited!:yesnod:

P1011925.jpg

P1011928.jpg

P1011927.jpg

P1011926.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Nice find man! 4L80E and 6.0 w/all the accessories for that price isn't bad at all. When are you expecting to have it all done?

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find man! 4L80E and 6.0 w/all the accessories for that price isn't bad at all. When are you expecting to have it all done?
Well I still have the interior to finish up on my truck, all custom, 6 black cow hides worth, and the custom sub box above the driver’s side wheel well, new carpet, and changing my old tan leather over to black leather. And my escalade center console I'm throwing in with a lot of custom work to that as well (TV for the nav to go along with the one flip up screen for the head unit, and a dock for my I-Pod/Iphone) TV for the back. So that should take me a little while...But I would expect to have at least the engine disassembled by the first week in Jan, I need to make a road trip up to Jersey for Christmas. But I will have it on the engine stand so I can get cranking on it first thing when I get back. So I will be hoping back and forth to keep things interesting. I’ll of course post any progress on both ends…

r.barn

Reaction score
Nice find.

4L80E cores in the junkyards go for $800-900 alone all the time.

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Yeah I wasn't even looking for an engine yet, entered 6.0 into the ebay search, and there it was, 10 mins from my work, exactly what I was going to look for in a couple months after my interior was done. Starting bid was $650 no reserve, I about sh*t myself. A couple jackasses jacked the price up to $1135 but I used a sniper program to get it at $1136 the very last second of the auction. Christmas came early at my house! Would have been a tad better ad the 4L80E was already a 4wd, but I was going to gut it anyways to make sure it is perfect, I'll swap output shafts then.

Barn, Thanks for that PM of the trans swap thread, I haven't seen that one.