Looking for a Tahoe Decoder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im trying to buy a Tahoe, and I would like to decode the VIN. Anyone have a free decoder??

I know the 1st digit is the region, so if its a 1 then it was sold in the USA, correcT?

Cheers
Andrew

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thats exactly what I was looking for! Thank you. One more thing, does anyone have a RPO decoder? The codes that tell you all the different options in the vehicle?

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its in the glove box. On my transam it was in the door jam. There will be a list of 3 digit codes, a whole bunch of them. You just search each code and it will tell you what it stands for.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my '04 XL Denali, the list was under the hood on a build sticket next to the VIN plate on top of the radiator shroud. On my '07 XL Denali, it's in the glove box. I dunno if it's in both places, but there you go...

RxMixer

Reaction score
New to the forum here - GREAT job guys!! '98 Yukon here RPO's are inside glove box - GEEZ 73 of 'em here!! Easier to take a picture than copy 'em all down!! Later, Thanks!!

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the forum here - GREAT job guys!! '98 Yukon here RPO's are inside glove box - GEEZ 73 of 'em here!! Easier to take a picture than copy 'em all down!! Later, Thanks!!

HaHa! That's what I did. There were too many for me to sit there & write them down. And taking a picture is just so much easier!