Looking for some input on stuff!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you specifically mention cruise control? How do tail lights affect the cruise control? Or am I just being stupid??? :confused2:

Nah, not stupid. There's some talk of tail-light circuits (i.e. brake?) affecting how cruise control senses a cancel / suspend command or something of the like, though the newer GMT900's supposedly have this built-in to the brake pedal. It's even written on a little paper insert that comes with the tails to check your cruise control when you're done. Maybe a Caddy thing? I dunno; but no issues on Denali so far.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photoshop job...

One of our new members, Tahoe_King appears to have some crazy Photoshop skills! He modded my truck (see his thread over here). I think it looks pretty cool, but I also think the red tails are a little more mainstream (i.e. wife-friendly), and that's a good thing. Besides, I could VHT Nightshade them and the third brake light later if I really wanted to... The drop is a little extreme on the front end, but I think it looks pretty cool. Check out Tahoe_King's work; pretty awesome job eh? :D

yukon_edit.jpg

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IPCW Ruby Red LED taillights - Night Photos

As promised. Click an image to see a humongous version. :eek2:

From L to R:

1) Tails on
2) Turn Signal (no brake) angle
3) Brakes (no turns)
4) Brakes + Reverse (no turns)
5) Brakes + Reverse (no turns) angle
6) Brakes + Reverse + Hazards
7) Brakes + Reverse + Turn (angle for sidemarker view)
8) Tails on + Reverse (unlock on keyfob)

Daytime images to be posted tomorrow if you're interested (and even if you aren't). :crazy:

Last edited:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woke up early to see your pics!!! :crazy:

I must say they are just as I thought they would look. Yours is the 3rd Yukon/Tahoe I've seen w/ these on and I've been no less than impressed each time. :clapping:

I'm locked in. Just have to figure out where to get them from because I've seen them on different sites @ different prices.

Good job, Getwired! Can't wait to see the daytime pics!!! :excited:

Oh, BTW, when the single outside row of LEDs come on when applying the brakes, is it bright enough for following motorists? The pics had me wondering...guess pics don't always do justice for something you're trying to show, huh? Anyway, looks good!!! :thumbsup:

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake-lights are the outer-most row of LEDs in the housing,

I'm glad you went with red! I have Esky (red) tail conversion and your similar truck color, and it looks great.

By the way, I read on another forum that a user rewired his IPCW's so both rows light up when braking and still no issues with cruise control. I'll have to find that link if he describes how he did it.

I also found your next purchase. You will need an LED 3rd brake light now here at: http://www.goputco.com/putco_pure_lighting_accessories_LED_Third_Brake_Lights.asp

I have it in Ion Chrome which goes great with Greystone color. The LEDs compliment the Esky tails perfectly when lit up. I wish they had it in red though. I will post pics later!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry - typo!

Oh, BTW, when the single outside row of LEDs come on when applying the brakes, is it bright enough for following motorists?

The brake-lights are the inner-most row of LEDs in the housing, the turns are the outer-most row of LEDs, and they look pretty cool.

I had a typo on my post right after I installed them. The brake lights are the inner-most vertical row, and the turns are the outer-most vertical row. Now the pics should make more sense. Any yes, they're defintely bright enough for anyone following more to tell what I'm doing (esp. in conjunction with the mirror turn LEDs). I corrected my post and quoted it above to correct & clarify.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also found your next purchase. You will need an LED 3rd brake light now here at: http://www.goputco.com/putco_pure_lighting_accessories_LED_Third_Brake_Lights.asp

I have it in Ion Chrome which goes great with Greystone color. The LEDs compliment the Esky tails perfectly when lit up. I wish they had it in red though. I will post pics later!

Yeah, I was looking at that, but the Denali already has an LED third brake light, and the stock red actually matches alot better than I thought it would. If I had an application where I needed to go with the Crystal Clear or Platinum Smoke IPCW tails, I'd defintely recommend the Putco LED brake...

Well, I'll see for sure in a few minutes how well that red matches when I go out and shoot the tails in the daylight... BTW, my truck is Stealth Gray (different than Greystone but similar). :D

I'll look for your pics later then. Thanks!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm locked in. Just have to figure out where to get them from because I've seen them on different sites @ different prices.

I see you're in DC. I'm in PWC. Call my brother-in-law Kevin Davis @ the Tint Shoppe in Woodbridge @ 703.491.8300, or if he's not there, call him at Quality Tire @ 703.491.9005. Tell him you're on the Tahoe Forum on the Internet (he'll know about it). I dunno if he can give you a hook-up deal, but I'm sure he can do a bit better than the prices you see on the web sites. He had mine for me in 1 day (it was that exhaust tip that turned out to be damaged that was holding up the order for a couple days).

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you're in DC. I'm in PWC. Call my brother-in-law Kevin Davis @ the Tint Shoppe in Woodbridge @ 703.491.8300, or if he's not there, call him at Quality Tire @ 703.491.9005. Tell him you're on the Tahoe Forum on the Internet (he'll know about it). I dunno if he can give you a hook-up deal, but I'm sure he can do a bit better than the prices you see on the web sites. He had mine for me in 1 day (it was that exhaust tip that turned out to be damaged that was holding up the order for a couple days).

Thanks for the info! If my local pro shop doesn't have it when I go down there today, I'll definitely look your brother-in-law up. Thanks again! These forums really do help out a lot!!! I'm a member on the Maxima.org forum as well and got a lot of good info when I bought my 04 Max... :yesnod:

:cheers:

Oh, still waiting on those daytime pics!!! :excited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IPCW Ruby Red LED taillights - Day Photos

As promised! Product: http://www.inprocarwear.com/
Night-time pictures are over here.

From L to R:

1) Right rear, direct sunlight.
2) Left rear, direct sunlight.
3) Right rear / side, direct sunlight.
4) Left rear / side, glamour shot, direct sunlight.
5) Rear, straight-on, direct sunlight. Note the third brake light doesn't match perfectly in direct sun -- it's a little "bright".
6) Rear, straight-on, shade. Note that it matches almost perfectly in the shade...
7) Rear, straight-on, direct sunlight, artificially darkened 50%. I guess I'll have to wait on Putco or somebody to come out with a third brake light that matches better, or find a way to slightly darken the OE light. It's not noticeable in the shade, and in some angles in the sun it's not really noticeable.

I'm quite happy with the results, and really like the look. Well, I hope these pics help!

Last edited:

tgt624824

Reaction score
Looks great Pete! :thumbsup:

Do you have any daytime pics of the brake, blinker, etc. lit up? I have LED's on my A4 and they're amazing....

Also, any idea on the warranty of the units?

Thanks!
Travis

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Travis. No, I don't have any shots of them lit during the day... I thought of that after I'd come and put everything away. DOH! :crazy: We'll see, maybe I can do that in the next couple of days.

Unfortunately, the warranty information is unclear. There's no written info on the website, nor in the packaging. I've emailed them to find out -- we'll see what they come back with.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Getwired,

Guess your bro'-in-law was off today. :(

Will try again tomorrow. Really hope he can deliver the goods! :excited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup -- I called to bug him 'bout my MBRP exhaust tip! I hear he's in tomorrow... He works hard, so he deserves a day off every once in a while. ;)

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getwired,

Finally got down to business w/ Kevin today... Said he could order and have the LEDs here by tomorrow. He's asking for $319 + tax ($334.95 total)... I figure that's what Stylintrucks.com was selling it for online ($334 + HUGE shipping costs) and I'd have to wait a few days... Coolights.com doesn't even let you know if the product is in stock, so not taking a chance on having to wait weeks on end w/ them (BTW, their site quotes $299 + free shipping--but, availability is the question there). So, all-in-all, not the greatest price, but I'm ALL about convenience and fast delivery is key! :yesnod: And his asking price definitely beats my local pro shop's $450!!! :eek2:

Told him I'd be down to pick it up on Saturday... :clapping: I'll call late tomorrow to see if it came in...

Thanks for the inside scoop!!! :thumbsup:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal. Kevin's good; he'll take care of you as much as he can (without getting into trouble). [I get a discount because I'm family - sometimes they actually lose money on those darned family hook-up deals...]

He's workin' my exhaust tip issue -- the distributor is jerkin' him around a bit on that, but I hope to have a new tip early next week (or a full refund so I can order somewhere else)...

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's gotta be a pain in the arse!!! :( Hope things work out for you on that... ;)

As soon as I get the tail lights in hand and install them, I'll finally post pics of the ride... Nothing spectacular to see w/ mine...just want a stylish but simple look for now... Trying to keep expenses low on the Hoe so I can look into some other things I plan to do... :shhh: ;)

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my replacement MBRP tip came in and I picked it up today (FEDEX damaged the first one - DOH). It looks wicked! It sounds fantastic too -- adds a nice loooow rumble. I'll post some pics tomorrow if I have some time. And, I'll also include some shots of the tails lit in daylight for Travis... ;)

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done for now... Here's the pics.

Here's some pics of the tails, lit up in daylight, with the MBRP exhaust tip installed. I really like the tip, and the tails are cool. They don't look super bright in these pictures, but they really are in person (you'll have to take my word for it)! Sorry -- no brake light shots (only turn signals) -- I didn't have any one to help me by stepping on the pedal...

Product link for exhaust tip: MBRP T5102

From L to R:

1) Lights on, right turn
2) Lights on, hazards
3) Lights on, right turn
4) Lights on, no turns
5) Exhaust tip angle, no lights
6) Exhaust tip side, no lights

turkey.gif
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
turkey.gif

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should have called me, i would have helped you step on the peddle, THE GAS PEDDLE WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING!!!!!! THEN I WOULD OWN THAT AWSOME DENALI HA.

btw, gm parts sell a catback kit, both preformance and touring.