Loudest Cat-back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlaskaYukon

Reaction score
I was wanting to know what is the loudest meanest sounding cat-back? I was looking at Gibson Split Rear cat back but cant decide if it is the loudest. I had custom duals from the cat's back, no mufflers on my 02 Hoe but up here in Alaska they want almost $900 for a custom basic 2.5 inch job. BULL SH!T!!! Anyways just looking for opinions. THANKS!!!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the Flowmaster Super 40 series. I had that in my tahoe but removed it after 3 motnhs becuase it was too loud.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can call flowmaster they'll swap out the 50 series for a super 40 for about the same price.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For complete system, go with Corsa or Magnaflow...
Let me know if you need help finding the best price on this kit...

I've listen to them but they pretty much sound a tad bit louder than stock. the super 40 will wake you up in the middle of the night. :eek:

S

scott_mckinney

Spintech Mufflers, best way to go if your doing something custom. ;)

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deal with a local shop here in Az and the owner told me he does it all the time.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa sport or a flowmaster 40 will be loud as hell especially with longtubes. I'd go flowmaster or magnaflow, I love the sound of my maggy at wot but it doesn't drone on the highway.

screamin chicken

Reaction score
Look at there electric cutout, I wish I had one on my Ram AIR instead of the GMMG because it's always loud, where with a electric cutout when you want it stock keep it closed, and when you want more performance and loud it's a push of a button......

www.quicktimeperformance.com

Last edited:
S

smmperformance

Yes, we sell the QTP Cut Outs daily, these are very nice units for the pricing. Do let me know if you need the cut outs, any mufflers, or a complete kit. I can offer you the best pricing on any of these, no problem!