lowered, pulsating sensation when braking and turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i lowered the tahoe and i when i brake moderately hard on corners (turning into driveways) i feel the brake pulsating. ive tried to replicate the pulsation by braking hard on straight runs but it will only do it when cornering. the other day i was coming down in a parking garage where the exit was one of those twisted turns all the way down every time i tapped the brake i could feel the brake pulse. i think its rubbing somewhere but i cant see any rub marks. anyone had this happen to them. the tahoe was lowered 2/3 and rides on stock 20's. thanks

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ thanks. my rotors do have some groves, guess i can try to turn them and buy some hawk pads but why does it only do it when turning.

i checked for rubbing issues but found none. i also locked the wheels in each direction and looked at the lines for kinks, stretched or twisted lines but this was fine too. if a abs sensor was faulty it would throw a code but no the case here.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same issue after the 2/3 drop it kinda feels like the abs is kicking .. i just haven had the chance to see what it is.. ahh and at the same time this happens the tracking control lights turns on.

Diesel

Reaction score
Mine does it also since the 2/3 drop. I even took everything apart & put it back thinking I didn't tighten something up good. I like tyo know what it is

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think im going to take it into the dealer friday and hope they dont say i voided the warranty with the drop kit. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken that is the ABS kicking on/off plus the stablitrak kicking in . I too have felt it in my tahoe when going too fast and trying to stop on a dime and turn at the same time. This appears to be common with hoes that have larger aftermarket wheels and tires and modified suspensions (lifts or drops). I don't have a solution other than to slow down before braking and turning. I've had my brakes checked and they found no problems.

maybe going to high performance brake kit will solve that problem.

Grounded

Reaction score
if your truck didn't come with 20's from the factory, have the truck reflashed to accept the 20 tires. Also have a good alignment done with someone willing to try a few different settings. Sometimes just getting to a factory spec just isn't good enough. I had this problem when we dropped ours (800 miles). We had 17's then switched to 24's. After the reflash for the stock 20 size it took most of the problem away. It would only do it every once in a while. At 7000 miles we had the dealer perform an alignment and after a few different setting, we were able to get rid of the slight rubbing and have not had the brake problem since. We just flipped 20k miles.