Lowering Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THey all make the same stuff, mcgaugheys is really good quality but I've never had any issues with any parts from djm, belltech, or ground force. DJM is the only company that makes the lowers for torsion bar trucks, poly bushings and the construction speak for themselves :thumbsup:

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
so if i have also 22's right now to lower it i would do a 3/5 ? what else would i need? im new to this?!! thanks!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing some issues with the djm kit and looking at the price I'd go with spindles, 3/4 ton keys, 5" rear springs, and cut the stock rear bumpstops to replace with a lower profile stop (no bottoming out). Seems to be the cheapest way to get a nice, comfortable ride with 3"+ drop in front. I'd replace the shocks with shorter ones in front and do the extensions with new shocks out back too.

tahoe23

Reaction score
Ne one know if its hard to lower the front with keys? I have a ground force lowering kit for my 04 tahoe but i dont want to pay 500 dollars to get the kit put on. Ive lowered cars b4 but never ne thing with torsion keys. the back will b easy for me i just dont know if i should pat tohave the front done or do it my self, and whats the deal with the special tool u need? ( the instructions say u need this C clamp tool)?

bdhmsg

Reaction score
After seeing some issues with the djm kit and looking at the price I'd go with spindles, 3/4 ton keys, 5" rear springs, and cut the stock rear bumpstops to replace with a lower profile stop (no bottoming out). Seems to be the cheapest way to get a nice, comfortable ride with 3"+ drop in front. I'd replace the shocks with shorter ones in front and do the extensions with new shocks out back too.

Where do you get the 3/4 ton keys from?

bdhmsg

Reaction score
My bad, you meant the oem keys from a 3/4 ton. I gotcha now.