lowering Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wild oats

Reaction score
4x4, would like some suggestions,..not alot, but easier for her to get in, which kit recommended,..perhaps a sway bar too...(actually sorry i bought it).
nice, but would go smaller...

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4" lift and a 6" stepladder? Sorry I can't collude with this wicked crime of a plan...

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4" lift and a 6" stepladder? Sorry I can't collude with this wicked crime of a plan...

Nice! I was thinking the same thing!

Sorry no help here. "Everytime a Z71 gets lowered, an Angel loses his wings!" :cryin:

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please please dont do this

sell it and buy a smaller vehicle and let someone else enjoy the 4x4 z71

sorry to sound rude but even the thought of this is a crime

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its kind of wierd to hear that a vehicle made for offroad to be lowered. But if that what makes you happy, then go for it. I lowered my 4x4 explorer and i recieved many negative reactions, but i was happy with my truck.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Even though my truck's lowered and only 2wd, there are times I wish it was 4wd. For instance, pulling our boat out of the water on a steep slippery boat ramp. 4wd/awd has its perks on flat, slippery, on-road surfaces too, not just off-road.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true, I can't argue with your example. It's just the whole 4X4 being limited in its abilities, and then Z71 "Off-Road" to boot. But you make a good point JK, sorry if I started a little witch hunt and ran the guy away or something. Come on back wild oats.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, my wife loves climbing up into my trucks. The only one she has issues with is my 4Runner with 8 total inches of lift and no steps. That's a leap and climb approach. I would still go with some steps and call it a day. Is the Z71 all that much taller than a 2WD Tahoe? I've never seen them side by side.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think it is that much taller, maybe half and inch to an inch taller just because the stiffer sucpension

I don't know, my wife loves climbing up into my trucks. The only one she has issues with is my 4Runner with 8 total inches of lift and no steps. That's a leap and climb approach. I would still go with some steps and call it a day. Is the Z71 all that much taller than a 2WD Tahoe? I've never seen them side by side.

wild oats

Reaction score
lowering

Thanks all for the feed back, I'm not a 4 wheeler, just for pulling the boat out etc...I was just wondering if anyone did the eibeck kit, ( sway bar and or 2/3 lower kit)...I'm over the hill from the high look./ just want to handle a little and 2" inch lower..

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, who gives a crap about what all these people think about you lowering your z71. It's your vehicle, do with it what you want and don't worry about what anyone thinks. Hey, you want to drop that thing till it makes sparks on the blacktop? So be it. Don't listen to those who simply want reaffirmation that raising their own z71s was the right thing to do.

I lowered my z71 for a number of reasons and I've enjoyed the end result. See this thread for pics and a review:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5383

Bottom line is that my lowered z71 looks hot and drives sweet.

Good luck my friend.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, who gives a crap about what all these people think about you lowering your z71. It's your vehicle, do with it what you want and don't worry about what anyone thinks. Hey, you want to drop that thing till it makes sparks on the blacktop? So be it. Don't listen to those who simply want reaffirmation that raising their own z71s was the right thing to do.

I lowered my z71 for a number of reasons and I've enjoyed the end result. See this thread for pics and a review:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5383

Bottom line is that my lowered z71 looks hot and drives sweet.

Good luck my friend.

I see why It doesn't seem right to certain people like those above, but then again everybody has their own preference.
A 2/3 Lowering kit would hurt little to nothing, you'd still be able to do pretty much everything that a regular stock Tahoe/Z71 can do so go ahead, after all its YOUR car/money, had it been you were doing a 3/5 or 4/5 lowering then I would say that that'd be weird.
Plus I think Vaders Z71 looks good on the Pedders 2/3!

Last edited: