Me Denali with Police Strobes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your really a rent a cop?? Like the same people that come through on their little red golf carts that say "security" in my neighborhood??

Yeah, sure. Except I drive a Trailblazer, not a golf cart, that has red and blue lights on it, not amber, and the side of it says "Emergency Services", not security. But hey, who's comparing. :rolleyes:

Providing security to the community is one of our functions, sure...but please don't confuse me with some Securitas mall security guard. We operate under the auspices of the Doulgas County Mutual Aid Agreement, with the Sheriff's Office, Castle Rock PD, and State Patrol. We train at the sheriff's office training facility - the only private organization in the state allowed to do so.

Like I said, it's a unique agency. Theres no classification for it, becasue there is literally no other agency in the country to compare it to. We aren't just security, and we aren't a full fledged police department. We fall somewhere in between.

Sorry for the rant, but I despise the term "rent-a-cop", especially applied in our case since we're all EMTs and serve a far greater purpose for the community. I pulled a kid over last year and wrote him a citation, and he called me a rent a cop. Whatever, that's his perogative.

Last thanksgiving, I ended up going to his house because his dad was in the initial stages of cardiac arrest. The drugs we administered helped save his life. If that makes me a rent-a-cop, then I'm proud to be one.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sure. Except I drive a Trailblazer, not a golf cart, that has red and blue lights on it, not amber, and the side of it says "Emergency Services", not security. But hey, who's comparing. :rolleyes:

Providing security to the community is one of our functions, sure...but please don't confuse me with some Securitas mall security guard. We operate under the auspices of the Doulgas County Mutual Aid Agreement, with the Sheriff's Office, Castle Rock PD, and State Patrol. We train at the sheriff's office training facility - the only private organization in the state allowed to do so.

Like I said, it's a unique agency. Theres no classification for it, becasue there is literally no other agency in the country to compare it to. We aren't just security, and we aren't a full fledged police department. We fall somewhere in between.

Sorry for the rant, but I despise the term "rent-a-cop", especially applied in our case since we're all EMTs and serve a far greater purpose for the community. I pulled a kid over last year and wrote him a citation, and he called me a rent a cop. Whatever, that's his perogative.

Last thanksgiving, I ended up going to his house because his dad was in the initial stages of cardiac arrest. The drugs we administered helped save his life. Yep, rent-a-cop.

Thats what i call any cop that cant make an arrest or patrol on public streets. Sorry bout that. But ours are also EMT. Carry defibrillators, know CPR, and have hospitals on call 24/7. I live right behind the hospital so it only takes an emergency vehicle 2 min to get to my house. But its nice to know someone else is there. If I ever go on vacation, I can ask them to check in on the house (they sign a paper that says they wont steal stuff, if we notice somthing missing, we check the cameras that are installed in every house built in the neighborhood) Most of the houses in my neighborhood have pools, its a great feeling of security to know someone is there. So no disrespect. Thats just what I say. Now they cant right tickets. But can turn someone over to the city police for DUI's. Drugs. Frequent problems (speeding over and over). So I guess your different. Sorry I ever Chimed in. :thumbsup:

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy - "fvcking rent-a-cop"

Yuke2k - "Just had to run your fvckin mouth, didnt you??"
*punches kid in his smart ass mouth*

That would have been a good solution ;)

Unique agency sounds kinda gay so for now on..you can call it a *Contract Security Force* aka CSF..An agency contracted out to do the governments dirty work without any chance of it falling back on the US..and as a front, you guys are an Emergency Response team.. ;) Im on to you!

btw...I woulda looked at the kid while his dad was dying on the floor..and asked him.."So..If Im just a rent-a-cop..do you think Im capable of saving your fathers life?"

kcciticard

Reaction score
You say that red light would help prevent a 10 car pile up in fog. That must mean that brake lights(RED) would be less helpfull than one flashing red grill light. Hmmm?

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You say that red light would help prevent a 10 car pile up in fog. That must mean that brake lights(RED) would be less helpfull than one flashing red grill light. Hmmm?

think about a pile up... When visibility is like...10ft...your going to hit the car that is stopped in the middle of the road before you have time to apply the brakes...and yes, Im telling you Red flashing LEDs are easier to see/notice then brake lights

..if theres an accident ahead...and you see red flashing LEDs (obviously brighter then anyones taillights)...you'll probably see it from a further distance..and unless your stupid, you'd probably slow down...therefore, when you help prevent sudden halts...you help prevent more accidents in most cases...

stock red covered incandescent lights VS. clear covered flashing red LED lights
:ktoe: is it that hard of an observation?

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think they look cool, but I would not risk being arrested for impersonating an Officer.

One day, someone is going to mistake you for a cop. Either a bad guy or someone who really needs one.

But its your choice.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy - "fvcking rent-a-cop"

Yuke2k - "Just had to run your fvckin mouth, didnt you??"
*punches kid in his smart ass mouth*

That would have been a good solution ;)

Unique agency sounds kinda gay so for now on..you can call it a *Contract Security Force* aka CSF..An agency contracted out to do the governments dirty work without any chance of it falling back on the US..and as a front, you guys are an Emergency Response team.. ;) Im on to you!

btw...I woulda looked at the kid while his dad was dying on the floor..and asked him.."So..If Im just a rent-a-cop..do you think Im capable of saving your fathers life?"

Thats the kind of stuff that you run through in your head, but you don't actually do it. :thumbsup:

As for the whole "rent-a-cop/unique agency/contract security" thing...

Thats how the term "rent-a-cop" came to be...large security firms that send guards out to various locations, on a "contract" to provide security for that location. Hence the term, "rent". Temporary.

It's not accurate in our case since we are neither contracted nor just security. :)

For all intents and purposes, we are an Emergency Services department.

RT, no worries. We offer similar services to the ones that you described, except we have a patrol division, access control division (entry points), communications (dispatchers), and administration. We have one officer that does just the vacation checks, and calls us if he finds something amiss. We are relatively self sufficient since the community is nestled in the unincorporated part of the county. If you don't mind, would you PM me the name of the community where you live? I'd like to call one of the supervisors there and find out what their capabilities are. I'm always interested in finding out if there are companies out there that are similar to us. :)

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've been an active member. Everybody that I used to chat with probably isn't here anymore.

I would like to ask that this post be completely deleted please.

This was a mistake in my younger years that I would not like advertised online. I don't support this type of modification and it can become a very big situation. I would like to ask that a Moderator please remove this post completely.

Thank you kindly,
- Blizzardx23