Minimum Cranking Amps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need to upgrade the battery in the Hoe to get the BIG 3 off the list of things to do (want to use post mount) i have a like new Red top optima in the camaro, but its CCA's are lower than the battery thats in the tahoe.

so i ask, whats the minimum Cold Cranking Amps for our trucks? take into account that it'll have a decent system put back into it before to long. if it wasn't snowing and 25 degrees outside i'd pull the numbers.

i'll grab the optima numbers tomorrow afternoon.

aquaholic

Reaction score
if you stay with 575 or above you'll be fine. its just a little small block chevy so it's not going to need any huge battery to turn it over. i've started mine with the little 200 amp booster switch on my charger without trouble. i think my avalanche with the 8.1L only uses a 675 cca battery.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i must have been out of my mind when i looked at both the batteries (or looked at one in another one of the vehicles.) the optima has higher number on both CA and CCA,

now wouldn't you know it the damn truck battery is 1/2in to wide to fit in the camaro....