??? Molding Glue Removal ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlackBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GONE

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. CRX thanks alot, the eraser was the key. The truck was still dirty in the photos, i still have to do some fine cleaning, and polishing to do. Anybody have any suggestions on a good (easy on/off) polish?

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Griots Garage they will never steer you wrong, worth a quick call to them! And believe me, their products are better then you will find at any autozone/advance auto/napa type place. I have a good friend that works for Team Rahal (yes.. THE Rahal) and did detailing on the IRL carts, as well as Bobby Rahal's personal fleet.

BigBlack, two other things for you, first of all, share a few more pictures from the front and back, did you just paint over the chrome bumpers and black trim on the bumpers? 2nd.. for ALL the work you did on the molding delete.... FINISH the job.. those SLT badges behind the back doors.. The truck looks great, get rid of those! ;) easier then the molding, just a bit harder to get it 'started' to come off..

All and all great job! Not a big chrome/large size rim fan, but the blacked out burb and bumpers, headlights look good from what I can see, would love a head on front and rear shot though!

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GONE

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. CRX thanks alot, the eraser was the key. The truck was still dirty in the photos, i still have to do some fine cleaning, and polishing to do. Anybody have any suggestions on a good (easy on/off) polish?

you got any full pics of ya front end and where did u get the headlights

BigBlackBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BigBlack, two other things for you, did you just paint over the chrome bumpers and black trim on the bumpers? would love a head on front and rear shot though!

I just prepped (Acid Etching Primer) and painted the bumpers. They are holding up great so far. The front bumper had plastic molding with a small chrome trim. I just pulled it off like the other molding being it is held on by double sided tape. I am going to remove the SLuT badges. ; )

you got any full pics of ya front end and where did u get the headlights

I got the headlights, signals and corners as a set from EBAY. I think I paid $126.00 including shipping. I still need to adjust/aim the headlights properly.

These are the only photos I have of the front and rear. The truck is Hella dirty. I'll try to get updated photos since I had her detailed. BTW I planned on changing the front bumper because of the dent, however it will have to wait until the rattle can paint chips. :smilielol:

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck looks hella good. :10s: (need a black exhaust tip to go along with the rest of it)

good luck aiming your headlights, those look exactly like the set i bought off ebay and the adjusters didn't work at ALL. would have been alright if they weren't aimed up at the sky... haha

BigBlackBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck looks hella good. :10s:
good luck aiming your headlights, those look exactly like the set i bought off ebay and the adjusters didn't work at ALL. would have been alright if they weren't aimed up at the sky... haha

You are right, I'm going to have to rig up some type of shim to compensate for the NON ADJUSTMENT. I think I can signal low flying planes with my lights LOL. What did you do to get yours dialed in?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well for the lack of quality and the money that was spent on them we fought them and finally got a refund 3 months later.... they were a b-day gift. i sort of regret sending them back, but the parking and side marker lights weren't up to my standards and would have had to be replaced anyway.

still trying to track down a good set of projectors that aren't $400 for just the headlight set.

djtecthreat

Reaction score
Eraser wheel is the way to go, That what I used on my truck, used it on the crappy pin-striping as well.

BigBlack, what are those wheels, those are definitely fresh man.

Edit: it's right in your sig, i'm dumb