MPG+ ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyzhoe

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a 2000 Hoe with the 5.3. Im just fishing trying to find out how to increase the mpg. I drive 1500 miles a week!
I have a diablosport preditor ordered for the truck though im still waiting to see if its going to work. Mines a 00' and this tuner is only for the 03' models... I Hope it will work if not ill post and anyone intrested just let me know.
Heres what im trying so far ive ordered a K&N 57 series cold air. Im getting duel flowmaster exahust put on verry shortly. Now ive read through some threads that has said move up to a 285 tire which I can do and I was thinking of a throttle body spacer. Would you guys go with smooth, a helix power tower, or a airaid?
Now this is where my knowlege on these runs thin.
I have heard that the throttle body channels coolant through it heating up the intake for cold starts how can or do you bypass this to make the intake cooler?

And lastly any tricks or tips on anything else you guys have tried to make these bad boys more pump freindly I would love to hear and apply your knowledge! Many Thanks!

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I got a 2000 Hoe with the 5.3. Im just fishing trying to find out how to increase the mpg. I drive 1500 miles a week!
I have a diablosport preditor ordered for the truck though im still waiting to see if its going to work. Mines a 00' and this tuner is only for the 03' models... I Hope it will work if not ill post and anyone intrested just let me know.
Heres what im trying so far ive ordered a K&N 57 series cold air. Im getting duel flowmaster exahust put on verry shortly. Now ive read through some threads that has said move up to a 285 tire which I can do and I was thinking of a throttle body spacer. Would you guys go with smooth, a helix power tower, or a airaid?
Now this is where my knowlege on these runs thin.
I have heard that the throttle body channels coolant through it heating up the intake for cold starts how can or do you bypass this to make the intake cooler?

And lastly any tricks or tips on anything else you guys have tried to make these bad boys more pump freindly I would love to hear and apply your knowledge! Many Thanks!

No offense, but 1500 miles a week on that vehicle has got to kill your wallet!!! Hope you are reimbursted from work? The mods you listed should help though. Good luck!!

mattyzhoe

Reaction score
the pump...

Yea im hopping so. I sell vaccumes out of my hoe so im on the raod all the time. I want it to skream on the weekends and to sip gas during the week. any body got any tips..

unlukky

Reaction score
"Throttle Body Bypass"
This is for LS1 cars, but in essence it is the same. I hope this helps. It is really easy to do to.

http://www.installuniversity.com/install_university/index.htm

You can pick up these parts at anyhardware store.

1 each piece of same size line
1 each line adapters? (used to mate one line to another)
2 each band clamps
2 each vacuum caps (to cover old exposed ports on TB)

John
:ack: