Nav disk always spinning (truck off)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever i pop in my truck to get something out, i hear the nav DVD player searching around the disk...

Anyone else notice this? could the truck be pre-reading the disk or something prior to starting the truck (seems like a stretch)? I cannot confirm if it continues on after x amount of time, just seems like a constant when i get in the truck (Not running, no keys in ignition).

Thanks,

John

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could the truck be pre-reading the disk or something prior to starting the truck (seems like a stretch)?

You are precisely correct. The system is "booting" and getting ready for you to use it. If it didn't do this, it would certainly make you wait to enter a destination, etc after startup.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just getting a head start on you. If you did nothing more than open the door it would stop after a while, probably after the safety time-out or something.

Jasnite

Reaction score
I locked myself in my '07 Yukon and listen to it run for about 30 to 45 seconds after locking the door. As soon as I unlocked the door the boot up started. It bothered me at first also.