need help getting codes for 2007 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankmarks007

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 07 tahoe the check engine light just came on ? is there is a way to get the codes from the DIC by hitting the right buttons. can I do this on my tahoe ? please let me know how to do this . :inc:

frankmarks007

Reaction score
don't have onstar but i found out it's code p0449 ? i just what it cleared it's the gas cap auto zone told me , might go off might not ? thay will not reset it for me, I have a 99 vette all i have to do is push a few buttons on the dic and reset it .does the new tahoes have the same way to reset the auto?

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are no buttons to reset.

Sometimes, not screwing on the gas cap tight enough will throw a check engine light. Once the cap is tightened, the message will go away after driving some miles.

frankmarks007

Reaction score
thanks for the reply i live in clarksville tn i see your from adams . :thumbsup:
I just dissct the battery for 10 min cleared it but I din't drive it yet i'll find out tomorrow it's snowing now . thanks Frank....................

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0449 = Evaporative Emission Vent Valve Solenoid Malfunction.

Probably gas cap. Just make sure to tighten 'til it clicks.