Need help on how to remove front driver seat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a replacement p/leather cover for my driver's side. The instructions that came along with it, are vague. I have most of it taken apart, but I can't find where/how to unbolt the seat from the floor. It says to do that in the instructions, but doesn't really say how. Can anyone help?

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
youve got to remove the plastic caps at the 4 corners of the seat. there are 4 bolts holding the seat in. youll have to move the seat all the way back to get the front 2 bolts and all the way forward to get the back 2. then there are a few power plugs under the seat that will need unclipped also.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. After prodding around last night I found out how to remove it. There are 2 13mm bolts under the front end that hold the bottom seat base to the base that goes to the floor. There are 2 white plastic rivets on the rear end seat base that slide into the floor base and slide back. Once those are removed, the seat bottom can be angled up to unplug about 5 harnesses underneath. Install is the reverse. It took me about 3 hrs :crazy:, but now that I know how, I can probably do it in an hr. Seat looks great now at least.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol.. I will get you some pics of the new cover installed, the old cover and try to get pics of where to remove the cover base.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And here they are...

Pics of old bottom cover
DSCN1942.jpg

DSCN1943.jpg

New cover
DSCN1944.jpg

Dahlar

Reaction score
Where did you get those covers? My drivers seat looks about the same as the original picture....do they also include new armrest covers?

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it from here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ryZ33702QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But I went directly vs going through ebay. I talked to Bruce.

I originally went to a auto upholstery shop and got a quote for $230, just to replace the side piece. There was another tear on the top that the shop said they couldn't fix. So for $170, I got the whole new seat cover. It was just some work to install but definitely the best way to go.