Need help with a Know it all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At work we were talking about shocks, I mentioned I had to put on NAPA shocks on the rear last week because I broke one over the weekend. I said I would like to put Bilstiens on the front and back. He laughed at me and said all shocks are made by Bilstien. This kid s claim to fame is he know absolutely nothing about everything, and has done more of everything than anyone. I would appreciate some usefull knowledge to finally put him in place.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whew I thought you were talking about me for a sec:smilielol:

while they are a big company. they dont make everything. Look at Monroe shocks, they are different.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kid must be crazy, thats like smoebody saying all the cars in the world are made by GM, Bilstein makes good shocks which is why they can easily run one over $300 for a set but they def. don't make all of them. I do know that some of their shocks are used as OEM equipment on Z71's because they perform good.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kid must be crazy, thats like smoebody saying all the cars in the world are made by GM,

That reminds me of the employee at the auto parts store that I frequent asking me why I'm looking for AC Delco parts for my Cadillac. Before I can even get to explaining that GM makes Cadillacs and that is has a Chevy 350 motor in it he's trying to tell me how Ford owns Cadillac and "all the car companies are all the same now".

Last time I checked the government hasn't taken over all the car companies... yet...

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well.... between me and my brother, we know everything in the world, unfortunatly..this little tid bit of info is the part my brother knows... :lol:

Ill tell you what, I have never heard that all shocks are bilstiends, this would bascly assume that Bilstien owns ever other shock company in the world and is producing the same parts ad selling them under a different name... now that being said, if that were the case than bilstien would have the market cornered and be capable of pice gouging. Furthermore, IF bilstiend had the market cornered like that it wouldnt take much to overturn it because even the biggest giant corperations (wal-mart) needs compitition. If there is no other shock companies out there making shocks, tell that kid that you and him need to start a shock making company bcause you will be filthy rich because you will e able to under cut the copitition...

Oh yea, and one more thing, you can find shocks on ebay for like $15 for these trucks, I guarentee those are NOT bilstiens... if they were, no one would be paying $300 to have the bilstien sticker plastered on there shock

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly, This kid is 27, He is so full of sheet that you get tired of correcting him. I could right a book on his stories. For some reason I guess he has this need to impress people with a wealth of useless BS. He is certainly a Sofa King Dip Stick

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ooooo.... wow... he has me by a year or three.... lol... I hope im not a total door knob like that though

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ignore him and don't give in to his foolish attempt to increase his self esteem, people like that are more amusing to watch from a distance and laugh when karma comes back to get their ass.

disem

Reaction score
In Europe, where I live Bilstiens are very, very rare. Just like the american cars.

scott99zx6r

Reaction score
I used to work w/ a guy like that. We called him "BBF" bigger better faster. Everything we talked about this guy had something bigger, better, or faster than it. What an A$$HOLE that dude was.